Newbie from Mobile, AL.

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newbie from Mobile, AL.

Postby Weavejo1 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:02 pm

Newbie from Mobile, AL. I've been creeping around the CTC forum for a few days now and I am impressed by all great information everyone has posted, what a great resource.

Honestly, I didn’t even know that CTC’s were a thing. I have a small trailer that was originally bought for our family business, AR Workshop Mobile, we used it for attending local markets going to events in the past but are not doing that so much now. I ride a Harley Road Glide Ultra CVO and have used the trailer to transport the bike a few times which it does nicely. I have camped from a motorcycle for many years and have ridden Coast-to-Coast twice, so I have lots of camping gear, most of which is very small and light “backpack” type camping gear. I started thinking I could use the trailer to pull the bike to a destination, ride the area and then use the trailer as a “hard-sided tent” with an air mattress. I then thought maybe I could rig up one of my small backup/hurricane 5000 BTU AC’s in the trailer. So as usual I go to YouTube, let’s see what ideas are out there. WOW! Don’sDoItYourself, UpNorthFunStuff and many others led me to this forum.

My trailer is a 6x12 V-Nose, single axel, unfortunately it’s just a tad over 6’ high inside, but I’m 5’11’ and can stand upright. Had I known the trailer was destined to become a CTC I would have looked for at least 6” taller and maybe a foot wider. But it’s what I have and I’m going with it. Pictures attached (I hope). We designed, cut, and applied all the graphics. I’m gonna leave them on for now as we may need it for a show and it’s rolling advertisement.

Originally I just wanted an air conditioned hard-sided tent, but now after seeing all these great CTC’s I want more haha! I pretty much plan to plagiarize with pride from KirkUpNorth and the Mrs. aka (UpNorthFunStuff - YouTube). Their layout and design fit’s my needs almost perfectly.

I’ll start a new thread in Cargo Trailer Conversions and post pictures as I move along with my build this winter!

Weavejo1
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves