Not so newbie coming back

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Not so newbie coming back

Postby woodisgood » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:29 pm

Hello to all, after several years or more from being away from this site, I rejoined to learn more and perhaps offer some of my ideas. I have been studying these trailers since 2000. I have created several boxes full of ideas along the way. I have made balsa wood models, drawn up plans for several types of trailer bodies and cabinetry. went through many shapes and styles deciding on what to create.
Most all of this has been lost due to various situations. Too many to list here. So I have started all over this winter. Currently setting up to build a trailer for my daughter. I chose a 5 x 8 body on a custom built frame. Minimizing the size to accomodate manuverabilty and storage. going for a simple weekender style build. Simple yet functional. Tapping into my 40 + years of woodworking and cabinetmaking,
I am set to actually get building this spring. Just waiting until the snow clears out here in New England. I' ll post my progress and read and learn from other posts. I used to embrace the winters in the northeast, but now I just think, "every day is one day closer to spring" ! Peace. ChristO
woodisgood
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Not so newbie coming back

Postby Staryder61 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:33 am

Welcome wood, bring on the ideas, and let's see what ya have.
Have fun with it when you start and keep us posted, pictures help a lot.
Stay safe, David

Our CTC
6' X 12' CTC = Texas Sized Tackle Box
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=74704
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves