Newbie from CA

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newbie from CA

Postby pkluma68 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:59 pm

Hello from the San Francisco Bay Area. Like many of you, as I’ve gotten older, I have become tired of all the work that camping entails. That’s when teardrop campers caught my eye – the perfect solution for someone that wants to be outdoors without all the hassle. After researching for several months, I bought a 2005 Hunter HU-4 Fat Shadow from somebody just down the street from me.

I’m super excited for my first shakedown trip in a couple weeks and looking forward to learning from you all.

Regards,

Pat
pkluma68
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Newbie from CA

Postby TimC » Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:15 pm

Congrats. It's the answer for many of us who still want to camp but are tired of sleeping on the ground. Take a notepad with you on your first trip for things you need. Just bring the basics and don't make the mistake of bringing everything you might need.
Tim
Niagara, WI
My First Benroy Teardrop Build Thread - A 5x8 Woodie - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63575
My Second Teardrop (partial) Build Thread - Started August '16 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=66939
#3 My son's Benroy Foamie team build - Started July '20 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=72877

TimC
Gold Donating Member

Postby nevadatear » Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:51 am

Pat, neighbor here from NV. I encorage you to attend a gathering! There are several planned in northern and central ca. the Shasta Lake Gathering is the 3rd weekend in April at Antlers resort at Lake Shasta. The redwoods rendezvous is September 15-20 at Pamplin Grove below Eureka, Ca more info can be found in the Jefferson State gathering section here on the forum. I have a good teardrop friend from Napa in my living room right now, and have three other couple great friends in the bay area we met at teardrop gatherings. Oh, and we have friends who also own a Hunter trailer that will be at both gatherings.
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby Graniterich » Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:57 am

Someone suggested that you put a dot type sticker on everything in your galley, when you use an item remove sticker. Af the a year see what items still have stickers and reevaluate.

Sent from my KFTRWI using Tapatalk
Graniterich
Donating Member

Postby timhill28 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:58 am

Welcome aboard, Pat!
timhill28
Teardrop Builder

Postby S. Heisley » Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:19 pm

Graniterich wrote:Someone suggested that you put a dot type sticker on everything in your galley, when you use an item remove sticker. Af the a year see what items still have stickers and reevaluate.

Sent from my KFTRWI using Tapatalk

That could be a great idea for anywhere, trailer, house, garage, etc. even if it's just to evaluate whether to keep something.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby S. Heisley » Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:25 pm

Welcome, Pat. You will love these people. Most are very down to earth (well, they are campers...TeeHee) friendly, helpful, and fun to be around. :beautiful:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves