Hello from Canada.

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Canada.

Postby LarsQ » Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:27 pm

Hello all...

Thank you for letting me in. I live in Gatineau QC where I run my own business.

I have been looking for a small travel trailer in good condition, where I don't need to do any bigger repairs, so I was quite happy when I found this little fella. It looks really good and is only 6 years old.

Despite my attempt to be cautious while buying, I came home with an unpleasant surprise though. The trailer had some sort of a DIY setup with a bunk bed and some sort of a "kitchen" which I knew I would remove and start building a new interior from scratch. However, when I removed the old vinyl a found a completely wet and black subfloor, which I obviously have to replace. As you may know, many trailers are built from the bottom up, meaning the roof module is sitting on top of the wall units which are standing on top of the subfloor. So in order to do it right, I need to dismantle everything from the top down, all the way to the bottom and then replace/renew whatever is damaged on the way to the top again.

Somehow I am not upset with either the seller or the incompetent buyer, as I see it as an opportunity to rebuild and renew EVERYTHING to my own standard. I am actually pretty excited.

Today I removed all interior wall covering and insulation and next week, I will start the dismantling job.

Doing everything from scratch gives me the option to add more features such as AC, solar panels and that kind of gear.
LarsQ
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello from Canada.

Postby QueticoBill » Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:37 pm

Welcome! The "surprise" will become a good story before long. Look forward to photos!

And you're not far. Used to go more frequently to Ottawa - pandemic put a crimp in that.
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Re: Hello from Canada.

Postby JasenC » Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:55 pm

Oh man that sucks, but as you said, now you can rebuild it the way you want.

Welcome aboard.

Years ago I took a pretty good look at a 74 Datsun pick up, seemed solid, ran good, was clean so I bought it. A couple weeks later it got really bouncy going down the road. It took a bit to figure out what was wrong, the floor had rotted out at the rear cab mount bolts. So yeah just the two front bolts holding the cab to the chassis.
I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number.

Build Thread https://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=74269
JasenC
The 300 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves