New to this life

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

New to this life

Postby Tumbleweed58 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:15 pm

Hi all I am new to tiny trailers; I bought a home built one last week and took to the beach this weekend, so I have a lot to learn and figure out :thinking: I am a older male, widowed with a small dog and I wanted something I could pull behind my Jeep JKU as Jeeping is one of hobbies. I plan on mostly weekending at local beaches, offroad parks, hunting, fishing etc. I got away from tent camping because of health issues, trying to stay active with back problems is not easy. Ok for my first dumba$$ question is but I think a very important one is where to empty the cassette type potty. Can I go to a RV park that advertises dump station or do you need to be a guest? if not where can I dump except at my house :poop: not high on my list of things to do. Sorry to bring up such a off color subject (pun intended) but hey if not hear then where right. :oops: I will now try to post a picture but that may be a problem as I am a certified low tech redneck. :frustrated:

Any help with how to take a picture from my phone and put it on my computer and post it hear on the forum would be a really big help :beer:
Tumbleweed58
Teardrop Inspector

Re: New to this life

Postby JasenC » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:28 pm

Welcome aboard.
I can't really help with your #2 question, but as far as sharing pictures, download them onto your computer and then you can make a gallery here to upload them to then post them via the gallery tab at the top of the text window.. I can't seem to upload right off the confuser into a thread, maybe that feature is turned off or I don't have enough posts yet for that privilege.
I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number.

Build Thread https://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=74269
JasenC
The 300 Club

Postby rjgimp » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:55 am

Welcome to the nuthouse, Tumbleweed!

I don't have much success posting photos here. It's unfortunately a bit clunky. The only way I have figured out is to upload them to your gallery, then you are able to attach them to a post. In order to even get them into your gallery you have to resize them somehow. There are websites available that allow you to do this at no charge. I wish it was easier.

Regarding dumping your pot, there are several options. I presume what you have is fairly small and portable and has a handle you can carry it around with like a suitcase. I have a small Thetford we use from time to time. You could take it into just about any gas station potty (especially ones that are outside) and dump it right in the toilet. Same for highway rest areas. Rest areas in some states (South Dakota, for one) have free dump stations right in the offramp as you pull into them. Many small towns out in rural America have one near the water utility or their truck garage.

Two sites I have found handy are https://rvdumpsites.net/ and https://freecampsites.net/

These sites have searchable maps that show both low cost and free options for camping and for dumping waste all over the country.
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Postby Tumbleweed58 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:02 am

Wow Rob thanks for the info, great help it will get me moving in the right direction :applause:
Tumbleweed58
Teardrop Inspector

Postby tony.latham » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:32 am

Let me sit down and think about this conundrum for a bit...

:thinking:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby TallGuy7 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:46 pm

Install Tapatalk on your phone.

It makes posting pictures on the forums very easy.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
TallGuy7
Teardrop Advisor

Postby JasenC » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:35 pm

tony.latham wrote:Image

Let me sit down and think about this conundrum for a bit...

:thinking:

Tony

:lol:
I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number.

Build Thread https://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=74269
JasenC
The 300 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves