Just saying hello.

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Just saying hello.

Postby gfei » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:19 am

Just want to introduce myself. I'm in VERY early planning stages for a camper. Here is the only state mine exists in so far:

I had a more fleshed out assembly done but I decided I didn't like the layout of my CAD drawings, sketches were too complicated and didn't update well if I made changes, so I've gone back to the beginning and am in the process of redoing it with better CAD layout.

It will likely be a while (years) before I can actually build anything, but that doesn't mean I can't research and design to my hearts content until then.

My target here is a mostly 1.5" foam construction with minimal plywood skeleton for hard attachment points as needed. I have access to a CNC router with 5'x8' work area through a local makerspace I'm a member of, so I'm designing the wall structure around that.
gfei
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Just saying hello.

Postby twisted lines » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:39 pm

Welcome
lots of folk from lots of places.

Wish I was comfortable using someone else's machine that was 5'
All my drawing's would be different, sucks only having 4' :lol:

Think long and hard about making panels with 1" foam sheeted on both side's; If allowed in class ;)
Racking up; And Rapin foam
twisted lines
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: Just saying hello.

Postby JasenC » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:21 pm

Howdy.

I went through 6-7 redesigns before I started, and a few since I started and a few more to come I'm sure.
I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number.

Build Thread https://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=74269
JasenC
The 300 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves