It's Dan from Ottawa, Canada

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

It's Dan from Ottawa, Canada

Postby kreekru » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:43 am

Hi everyone, been lurking for a while.... interested in building a small foamy for my mountain bike travels and the odd weekend festival with the wife. Looked into a custom van.... seemed a bit expensive for something I'd be using once in a while. I's like it to sleep 2, have room for a portable shitter (no joke), small kitchen and a small bike garage for 2 mountain bikes (wheels off). Anyways, I'm in the research phase and extremely happy to have found this forum... looking forward to chatting with you all. :D
kreekru
Teardrop Inspector

Re: It's Dan from Ottawa, Canada

Postby kmack67.km » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:24 am

Hi Dan,

You may want to consider a cargo trailer conversion. I have a 7x14' with everything you mentioned and a small kitchen, but it sleeps up to 4ppl. You could probably fit the stuff you are thinking about into a 5 or 6' wide by 8 or 10' cargo trailer.

Good luck with whatever you decide and be aware that this kind of project is never done.
Kevin
kmack67.km
Teardrop Advisor

Re: It's Dan from Ottawa, Canada

Postby JasenC » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:26 pm

Hi Dan from Ottawa.

Are you planning a galley or just setting up your kitchen on a table?

I'm doing a 6x10x4+ 21" deep galley which leaves me about 18" at the foot of the bed, enough room for a toilet in bad weather and probably a hospital type curtain in the corner for privacy, in good weather it'll live out back where I'll have a custom shower curtain rod that'll bolt or slot into the camper, which will also serve as a, ummm, shower.
I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number.

Build Thread https://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=74269
JasenC
The 300 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves