Hello from NE Ohio!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from NE Ohio!

Postby MelissaC13 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:12 am

Hello everyone!

I’ve been a member of this site for just about a year. I bought a custom build teardrop (stand up one) from a person who bought from the builder that posted the build on this site. I sold it, and regret it. Now I have got my husband on board to build our own! I’m really excited and I know it will take time, quite a bit of time… I am hoping to be able to start camping with it by the end of the spring season next year. I am looking forward to all the insight and support this site and group will provide. Today I plan to go to our local Harbor Freight to buy the largest folding trailer. If you have other suggestions to the trailer, so am open to them. Thank you so much for reading!
MelissaC13
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello from NE Ohio!

Postby tony.latham » Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:03 pm

Today I plan to go to our local Harbor Freight to buy the largest folding trailer. If you have other suggestions...

In 2004 I bought a commercially built 4' x 10' teardrop. We loved that little thing. But in 2013 I got a "tour" of a 5'-wide. Three weeks later I was making sawdust.

You should consider a Northern Tools 5'-wide trailer (or having one welded up.) A 4'-wide will give you each about 22" of width. There's no way we would go back to a 4'-wide. A foot is a mile in a teardrop.

Grab a tape measure. Pull it out to 22".

:frightened:

But anywho, welcome to the start of a big deal. :thumbsup:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby nevadatear » Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:06 pm

My husband is from Akron Canton area! How about you?
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:51 pm

Welcome to the group! I am originally from Ashtabula County but don't get back there much anymore. Beautiful country in the summer but hated the winters. :lol: I assume you have a warm place to build your trailer in if you plan to camp next year.

Looking forward to your build thread!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves