Excited about getting started

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Excited about getting started

Postby Gary719 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:42 am

Thanks for letting me join. I'm a minister that enjoys speaking to small congregations that I realize cannot conveniently pay for hotel accommodations for me and in some cases, I may not be able to afford either. There are times when I pitch my tent, but the area and season doesn't always make that feasible. Besides, among the last things I want is for them to feel bad because they can't afford better for me. I have a RV but driving a 3/4-ton truck, pulling a 36' trailer can be expensive too, My solution is a teardrop. This is a "budget conscious" project but when I pull into a church, I don't want them to "feel sorry" for me so I want it to look good and to leave the impression that I'm doing what I enjoy because I really am. I welcome any and all advice, suggestions, corrections, etc.
Gary
Gary719
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Excited about getting started

Postby Ron Dickey » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:59 pm

talk with those in your congregation there are those that like to work with their hands. Are you any good at wood working. I costs around $2000 to build a basic teardrop. other wise look on our site at the bottom. You will find members who might live where you live or near. Some are quit reasonable.
so If you have a place to build one or get help from some one in your congregation offers a place to build on. You will have the help from our members.
If you find a teardop, chances are you will have a well built unit made with love and well made.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Paintsalot » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:58 am

Welcome Gary.
I’m a missionary kid- so we visited a lot of different churches when I was a kid.
I would go ahead and purchase this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Building-Teardro ... 13124ab156
The author is on this forum often.

Where are you located?

Best,
Matthew in Memphis
Paintsalot
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Tom&Shelly » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:11 am

Paintsalot wrote:Welcome Gary.
I’m a missionary kid- so we visited a lot of different churches when I was a kid.
I would go ahead and purchase this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Building-Teardro ... 13124ab156
The author is on this forum often.

Where are you located?

Best,
Matthew in Memphis

I concur, Gary. If you build to Tony's plans with some reasonable care, you will receive compliments on the build, and folks will see a professional quality work. Carpentry runs in your trade! :)

Tom
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves