Hi again and sorry

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hi again and sorry

Postby Stevegeo » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:14 am

Hi again everyone,
My name is steve george and im from fingerlakes area of upstate ny . And i have an unusual teardrop camper .. during the pandemic i had the itch to build a trailer but could not find anything available. Hitting craigslist, i found a trailer very cheap with a stipulation... i had to take what was on it .. i arrived 60 miles away and the seller opened his barn and there it was .Cessna Centurion fuselage , gutted ,door ripped off, no nose, tail or wings .. the gears in my head spun wild and i had to have it . Deal struck, i towed it home and commenced working . Two months later , three gallons of fiberglass resin, foam . Insulation, wires and new high speed tires i had a working camper .
Features. Inside is insulated walls, mahogany skinned with cedar trim, up front the steering yolks are still there and a flat screen tv/ dvd player installed . Under dash is a heater and storage . Inusulated floor with plywood carpet on top and jell foam bed of 8 in thick . Rear interior has shelves and storage . Interior lighing is a repurposed glass hand soap dispenser from a 1940s hotel inverted . Ceiling fan pulls air through the roof winglets and into cabin and exits out through a false panel in the rear . There is also an AC unit attached to the tail. 110 outlets inside and a lockable compartment in dash , curtians with privacy inserts complete the inside .

Outside, in the fibergass nose, is 30 cu ft of storage , upper for camping gear, table and stove. Lower for tools , misc .. underneath there are three convoluted tubes , withe seals, first holds folding chairs , they slide right in away from the elements while driving . Second tube holds my American flag and poles , third pipe hold awning umbrella and its poles . Rrear of the door is a slot for the table that attaches to the side of fusalage. Rear has a rack for bicycles (2) and a center high monunt stop light for tailgators . :D
We have running boards on both sides with roof hooks to attach my kayak, pass side runner has additional pole holders. Aircraft lighting in rear and underneath . The winglets prevent rain intruding when doors are open .. and inside is a flip up table reporposed from a disgarded cedar chest . I dont waste anything !

I had difficulty attaching photos on my first try, even reduced .. but if anyone would like to see this unique build email me directly . [email protected]
We have currently 12k miles on this , 4 behind my Audi TT convertible , the remainder behind the wifes landcruiser .. top speed behind my TT .. 100 on I 90 in SD.
Its aerodynamic, extremely stable, watertite , weighs in at 970 without gear . A unique strange and some say bizzare camper , we get many comments , all very positive .. if you see us this summer say hi .. steve and shelby .
Stevegeo
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hi again and sorry

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:37 pm

:shock: WOW! That reads like something to see! Glad you're enjoying it!

Welcome to the forum.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Re: Hi again and sorry

Postby mikeschn » Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:07 am

Here is some help with photos...

viewtopic.php?p=911290#p911290

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves