Hello from CA!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from CA!

Postby italianub » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:01 am

Hey everyone,

Pleasure to be part of this incredible group! After finding this place and doing some searches of the forum, there is a TON of amazing resources here and I can't wait to pour over as much as I can.

Originally I was thinking of buying a Hiker trailer, then I did a quote and saw the price tag... oof! The last 4-5 weeks I've been watching WAY too much youtube about teardrop trailer builds, so naturally I landed here!

My plan is to either custom build a trailer with a couple friends that could source the new steel (for cheap or even free) or to buy a trailer and built it up from that. I'll be posting here shortly in the "Trailer and Chassis Secrets" section of the forum with the trailer I am thinking of buying to see what others thing (didn't find much on this particular one).

A little about me - I'm getting married in April to an amazing woman and her two awesome kids. I plan on having this thing built out before the wedding so we can take it out just her and I, or all four of us (kids get to sleep in tents, hah) for years to come. I'm more interested in the squaredrop style, as I have a 4x4 truck and want to take this thing out where there aren't paved roads.

Thanks for reading and I can't wait to keep reading all the info you guys share for free!
Build began Feb 10th, 2024
Build journal: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=76227
Video build journal: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0ZP7TwtcT3
italianub
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Hello from CA!

Postby Tom&Shelly » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:47 am

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have some good motivation. Enjoy your build! :thumbsup:

Tom
172912 170466 173366
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:13 pm

Welcome and Best Wishes on your build and your upcoming marriage! :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby tony.latham » Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:15 pm

Hellooo!

Traditionally shaped teardrops do just fine off the pavement.

https://youtu.be/_8XTLQK0x24?si=BldbCeqRDEFlHhj_

I have no idea how many hundreds of miles we've taken ours on.

But welcome aboard,

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves