4x6 V-Nose Cargo/Camper Conversion

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

4x6 V-Nose Cargo/Camper Conversion

Postby Chief-John » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:01 am

I'm new to all this, having just bought this tiny trailer Jan 26th this year. I've spent way more time watching videos of other conversions than working on mine!
I posted this in intros:
It's a 4'x6'x5' point nose w/ramp Cargo trailer conversion. So far, added: 2-12x22 windows and the 26x36 Amazon side door; 5ft tongue extension for a 48"x68" aluminum diamond plate front deck and 10" wide side steps in front of the fenders. Planning on: 32" TV on a 28"x48" cabinet in the point with stereo and all electric controls; 5k btu air conditioner; a 6' couch sitting on stacked storage boxes that support the 3 piece hinged bed boards and mattress pads; 2" rear hitch for a 'back porch' rack to offset tongue weight and that also holds 2" sq tubing support for the floor of my 'ramp room' which will be a rear kitchen & add'l space bringing interior to 4x9; Roof rack will hold 2 solar panels and duffel bags for clothes, bedding, etc; Trailer Doubles as a toy hauler for a People S200 scooter and other small vehicles.
Chief-John
Teardrop Inspector

Re: 4x6 V-Nose Cargo/Camper Conversion

Postby hankaye » Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:05 am

Chief-John, Howdy;

Welcome to the madness! chuckle.

Sounds both interesting and ambitious at the same time. Be fun to watch you pull it together.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Chief-John » Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:31 pm

Thanks Hankaye, I made it to the South Central meetup in Beavers Bend Okla and spent most of the time continuing work on the interior.
Securing the Scooter inside has proven to be a challenge. the 'V' puts the front D-rings too far back to hold the front tire in the 'V' very well... Add to that my driving on E. Okla twisty roads and it's a good thing the inside trim isn't even started yet! LOL
Also, Not happy with my 2 inch foam mattress choice. Now considering an inflatable twin bed... Takes up less room and oughta be way more comfortable!
Radios don't work inside aluminum trailers so now having antenna thoughts. It'd be nice if One antenna covered AM, FM, and Digital TV....
Chief-John
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Stealth TDI » Tue May 17, 2022 6:45 pm

Any progress on this? There aren't a lot of 4x6 builds out there. My 4x6 build stalled again. I have a teardrop door that I was going to build on a rear slide-out. But I think it will be easier and more practical for me to build it on a fold-down wall instead. A possible overnight event in a park next month may motivate me to get moving and finally finish mine. I'd love to see pictures of your build.
Stealth TDI
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Karebru » Thu May 19, 2022 11:36 pm

Pictures! Pictures! :yes:
I've always been fascinated by things that are no bigger than they need to be to do that job.
I'm not going outside until the temperature is above my age.
Karebru
The 300 Club

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions