6' x 12' CTC = Texas Sized Tackle Box

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: Texas Sized Tackle Box = 6' X 12' CTC

Postby Karebru » Thu May 19, 2022 10:39 pm

looks good, David. :thumbsup:
I'm not going outside until the temperature is above my age.
Karebru
The 300 Club

Postby Staryder61 » Thu May 19, 2022 10:53 pm

Karebru wrote:looks good, David. :thumbsup:

Karebru, Thank you, I keep going back over yours and Don's flboy. Trying to see if I'm missing anything? :thinking:
If you see anything, or have any suggestions, please jump in with them. :thumbsup:
Stay safe, David

Our CTC
6' X 12' CTC = Texas Sized Tackle Box
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=74704
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Texas Sized Tackle Box = 6' X 12' CTC

Postby Staryder61 » Sun May 22, 2022 2:47 pm

Had finished caulking everything inside and out, that I could see, that might leak. :roll:
Finally, decided today would be a great day to do a water test, and check for any leaks. :thinking:

169240 169241 169239

Wouldn't ya know? One leak eluded me for about 45 minutes. But we got that sucker finally.

So on to the next part of this adventure.. cutting and installing foam. The sides get 1" thick. :thumbsup:
Stay safe, David

Our CTC
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Texas Sized Tackle Box = 6' X 12' CTC

Postby Staryder61 » Sun May 22, 2022 9:48 pm

Well today was an outstanding day working on the Tackle Box. :thumbsup:
With everything caulked. It was time to start the insulation. :thinking:
So, I enlisted the help of my better half. Who donned her sun hat. Grabbed us both some water.
And we headed outside for an afternoon and evening of fun..
Opened up the Conex box we have for storage, grabbed the tools we needed and the insulation.
She is a great help when it comes to anything like this. :thumbsup:
Tried cutting the 1" foam with a butcher knife I keep extremally sharp, was a little slow.
Then remembered I had a short hand saw.. this little saw cuts both ways.. and works great on this foam. :lol:

169249 169250

So with the help of this little saw and my great helper. We cut several sheets of foam and have them in place.

169251 169252 169253

A total of about 7 sections by the time we decided it was dinner time. ;)
Well, I know what we will be doing again tomorrow. :roll:
Stay safe, David

Our CTC
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Postby flboy » Sun May 22, 2022 11:41 pm

Saws work great on the foam. I used my table saw. Cut it very precise.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby onehoser » Mon May 23, 2022 6:44 am

i score with a utility knife, then snap the board like drywall
I am the wisest man alive, for i know one thing, and that is that i know nothing. (socrates)
onehoser
The 300 Club

Postby Staryder61 » Mon May 23, 2022 6:52 am

flboy wrote:Saws work great on the foam. I used my table saw. Cut it very precise.

Don, this little saw did great. My table saw is kind of buried in a Conex box right now. :roll: I'll have to un-bury it shortly. When I get into working with the wood. Need to get the foam all finished, it's stored in front of the table saw. :lol:

Safe travels while you're out and about.
Stay safe, David

Our CTC
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Postby Staryder61 » Mon May 23, 2022 7:19 am

onehoser wrote:i score with a utility knife, then snap the board like drywall

Onehoser, I'm counting on that working on the 1/2" thick foam. :thumbsup:
Stay safe, David

Our CTC
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Postby Mr. Lahey » Tue May 24, 2022 7:45 am

Until you popped into my thread last time. I had no idea you were into a build as well! Lahey is pretty sleepy in Wisconsin I guess.

I like your floor plan a lot. Great use of the space. When I did my interior layout. At first I was fooled by all the room this big box seemed to offer. Compared to my teardrop build that is. Once I really got down to it. It still proved to be a game of inches. It's amazing how quick all the space fills up.

We too camp pretty local. Shows you the climate difference between us. You're fitting in A/C. I'm fitting in a diesel heater! I'm hoping to start the season earlier in spring. Then end it later in fall with the use of the heater.
My teardrop camper build journal: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=64721
Mr. Lahey
The 300 Club

Postby Staryder61 » Tue May 24, 2022 11:36 am

Mr. Lahey wrote:Until you popped into my thread last time. I had no idea you were into a build as well! Lahey is pretty sleepy in Wisconsin I guess.

I like your floor plan a lot. Great use of the space. When I did my interior layout. At first I was fooled by all the room this big box seemed to offer. Compared to my teardrop build that is. Once I really got down to it. It still proved to be a game of inches. It's amazing how quick all the space fills up.

We too camp pretty local. Shows you the climate difference between us. You're fitting in A/C. I'm fitting in a diesel heater! I'm hoping to start the season earlier in spring. Then end it later in fall with the use of the heater.

Well friend, glad you woke up.
Thank you, floor plan has a lot to do with it. What one feels they have to have and need in a camper. Compared to others that want everything. We live in a 33 foot travel trailer full time now. Some say we camp every day. Not really true.
We had to make some sacrifices, when we down sized from a house. What to keep, what to give away or donate? What to store?

We know exactly what we need to take with us. We do it every day, Monday thru Sunday.
Everything will always be in the camper, for those days when just sitting around. I say "I want to go fishing" my wife says "Where we going?" because she knows me. And she's ready when I mention it or we'll decide together.

Wild fires and storms are getting worse and worse. Knowing the destruction and seeing it first hand when a tornado comes through or straight line winds. It pays to be prepared. Years ago, as a fireman, to protect the trucks and equipment, in case the fire station would get hit, so we wouldn't lose everything. When the weather sirens went off, we'd get to the fire station and grab the trucks and head to different parts of the county. Upon leaving, the truck I was driving was broad sided by a tornado that picked up the truck, spun it around and set it back down. That tornado and 2 others went through our town I had just left. But all our trucks were saved. We were able to use those trucks and equipment to help with all the cleanup that followed.

This conversion will also be a "Get the hell out of dodge trailer." I'm not sitting in a travel trailer taking my chances in a storm. When we can go the opposite direction. If there's enough time. Trailer would already be hooked up to the truck.
Camper will give us peace of mind. :thinking: If a devastating storm goes through our area, and we have left, are safe. And, we come home to our travel trailer crushed, torn apart or just gone. We'll still have a nice camper to live in while we start over. I learned a long time ago, always be prepared.

Mr. Lahey,, Shows you the climate difference between us. You're fitting in A/C. I'm fitting in a diesel heater!

We have camped in February, here in Texas. One year it was snowing while I was grilling a couple ribeye steak over the open fire. Was in a tent, had electric and a heater. Just didn't warm us up enough. So we packed up and went back home to a warm bed. :lol: fun times, Yes it was.. :thumbsup:

So let's work on these conversions and get some camping done..
Stay safe, David

Our CTC
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Postby Staryder61 » Tue May 24, 2022 9:09 pm

The new roof fan arrived from Amazon.. :)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B096Q6KG2D?re ... tails&th=1
Looks to be just as heavy and well made as the Fantastic Fan, it has 3 speeds pulling out and 2 speeds pulling in.
Motor runs as quiet as my fantastic fan. :thumbsup:
Smoked cover on mine.
I paid $139.00 plus tax, it's now advertised for a new price of $147.90
So grab them if you want one.
I might go ahead and buy another one to have it for a backup. It'll fit as a replacement also on our travel trailer.
Stay safe, David

Our CTC
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Postby bdosborn » Wed May 25, 2022 7:26 am

Staryder61 wrote: I paid $139.00 plus tax, it's now advertised for a new price of $147.90

They must have heard us talking about it. :lol:

Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby working on it » Wed May 25, 2022 8:19 am

bdosborn wrote:
Staryder61 wrote: I paid $139.00 plus tax, it's now advertised for a new price of $147.90

Bruce

I think you're right; everytime I move anything fom my wait or wish list to my Amazon cart, the price goes up within a day. Never fails.
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Staryder61 » Wed May 25, 2022 11:33 am

bdosborn wrote:

Bruce

Yeppers, :lol: funny how that all works. I search for something and the next 6 days it's every ad I see no matter what I am looking at. :NC
They're everywhere, they're everywhere. :roll:
Stay safe, David

Our CTC
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Postby Gulfcoast » Wed May 25, 2022 1:47 pm

If anyone wants a free fantastic fan, I used it once and now removing it to install a MaxxAir fan instead.

Just pay the shipping.
6x12 cargo trailer - Mini Split A/C - Starlink - TMobile home internet
Gulfcoast
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions