Roof Vent Installation

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Roof Vent Installation

Postby hunts4beer » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:49 am

I am slowly making our little Featherlite 6X10 that we haul our motorcycle around with a bit more livable and have recently decided that a roof vent would be my next little project. I am looking for some installation assistance that will have it fitting and looking nice between the 24" metal braces that support the roof.
Also if you have any recommendations on a particular brand with a fan it would be welcome.

Thanks!
hunts4beer
Teardrop Inspector

Postby madjack » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:01 am

...as far as I am concerned, there is only one fan vent to get...the Fantastic Fan Vent with the best vendor here http://www.rvvent.com/index2.htm ...frame the opening 14.25"x14.25" with at least 1.5" wide stock for the best results.....
madjack 8)

p.s. Welcome to the board...don't forget the pics...we luv 'em and it's what we charge for info ;) .................MJ
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Prem » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:32 pm

hunts4beer,

I put my 14" x 14" roof vent in the v-nose section of the roof of my Featherlite, used standard butyl tape for the waterproof gasket and riveted it down with short, fat aluminum rivets. Plastic trim ring on the inside.

Is your Featherlite a model 1610?

Prem :cheerswine:
My goal...

Gold Donating Member

Postby ARIZONA GUIDE » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:43 pm

AH Butyl tape. The sticky stuff with a hundred uses.
ARIZONA GUIDE
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions