Heat on demand

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Heat on demand

Postby BirdDog1 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:17 pm

Has anyone used or is using a heat on demand system. I have herd they dont work very well. Any input would help out alot.
BirdDog1
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:49 pm

Got a URL I can go to?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby planovet » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:33 pm

My heat "on demand" is my wife. If I need some extra heat, I cozy up next to her for a while. :lol:
ImageMark (& Cindi)
Visit our website: Little Swiss Teardrop

I was wondering why the water balloon was getting bigger... and then it hit me.

ImageImageImageImage
planovet
The Cat Man

Postby Prem » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:52 pm

Mark wins the best answer award! :thumbsup: :bowdown: :hammer:

Prem
My goal...

Gold Donating Member

Postby BirdDog1 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:34 pm

I guess I need to be more specific. Hot water heat on demand system.
BirdDog1
Teardrop Inspector

Postby madjack » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:44 pm

BD, I don't have one but will pass on what I do know...the only one Ihave seen in action was the ECCO TEMP type sold by Sportsmans Guide for 100-120bux...it worked quite well and the owner was happy with it...I have never heard any complaints about the Zodi's or Colemans actually heating water within their specs...they all seem to be good units and if used correctly produce all your hot water.........
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby bobhenry » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:02 pm

I am confused is this hot water heat ( like a radiator and a boiler for ambient heating)

or are you attempting to produce hot water for doing dishes and bathing?
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Ageless » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:42 pm

Zodi doesn't produce 'HOT' water unles you recycle thru the heater. It's pleasantly warm for showering.
Strangers on this road we are on; we are not two, we are one - Raymond Douglas Davies
Ageless
Platinum Donating Member

Postby hugh » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:56 pm

I have the single zodi burner system, it works very well, uses 1 of those green disposable propane tanks and several D cell batteries to power the pump. It,s nice in the summer, the red plastic box it comes in holds enough water to have a nice warm shower, if you run it through the shower head for a couple minutes back into the container it actually gets hot enough that you have to turn it down a bit. A bit pricey but overall nice to have. No experience with the Coleman ones but they look OK.
hugh
Teardrop Master

Postby GregB » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:46 pm

There is another option for the not-so-price-sensitive-among-us. Precision Temp makes an on-demand hot water heater for RVs. It is very expensive at about $900 but it also provides 56,000 btu of heating. It is one of the only tankless water heaters approved and listed for RV use. The Ecco Temp, I think is about 10K btu.

That being said, I also have a Coleman and it did a pretty good job when we showered up around 9000 ft.

Greg
I'm not dead, yet. I'm feeling better.
GregB
500 Club

Postby TENNJIM » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:19 pm

I use a Coleman and it gets hot enough for me. If you hold it (required) on the high setting, water is hot enough for Hot Chocolate or coffee.
8)
Jim B / Utah
Most People Seem Normal Until You Really Get To Know Them!
Never mind what people say, I think those Saguaros are shooting us the finger!
72.68% Of All Statistics Are Made Up!
TENNJIM
Palladium Donating Member

Hot water heater

Postby eamarquardt » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:17 pm

I bought a big pressure cooker off of ebay (also another at a garage sale as I like spares, ha). It holds over three gallons which is enough for a good Navy shower if you aren't too muddy or sandy. Anyway I modified it with a pressure relief valve, a schrader valve to pressurize it with compressed air, and a dip tube with kitchen sprayer attached. I've used it by filling it with water, heating the water with the lid off to the EXACT temperature desired by the showerer, and then putting on the lid, pumping it up with air, and showering away. No danger of overheating and I don't exceed 15 psi which is what pressure cookers are designed to work at. As a plus I wash the dishes in it and when the dishwater gets a little cool it's a simple matter to warm it up a bit.

Outside the box yes but it works for me.

The opinions in this post are my own. My comments are directed to those that might like an alternative approach to those already espoused.There is the right way,the wrong way,the USMC way, your way, my way, and the highway.
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu-"The Day the Earth Stood Still"
"You can't handle the truth!"-Jack Nicholson "A Few Good Men"
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan
eamarquardt
Silver Donating Member

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions