Trailer "shopping" update

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Trailer "shopping" update

Postby Gonefishin » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:18 pm

After looking at many new and used, I've got my eye on a new Haulmark Transport v-nose, single axle, 6 X 12. The 7X14's definitely are roomier, but might be slight overkill for my basic needs. When you go to dual axle, it adds about $800 to the price as well.

I found the Haulmark at a dealer for $2,500. Thats with RV side door, 15" radials, rear barn doors, plywood interior (not Luan), and two 12-v lights. The rest is up to me. Does that price sound in the ball park?

I looked at Interstates (both Loadrunner and Victory), and they were about the same price, for less trailer. (seams in the roof, fewer supports.) Wells Cargo was considerably more money. Quality seemed to be there, but not THAT much more. Mirage looked like something in between, but I didn't see any v-noses and their price was similar to the Haulmark.

For what I do, I think I can be happy with one axle and smaller size, but I'm still pondering . . . :thinking:
Gonefishin
Donating Member

Postby Prem » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:53 pm

Gonefishin,

Haulmark Transport DLX?

Yeah. Definitely.

Prem :thumbsup:
My goal...

Gold Donating Member

Postby Gonefishin » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:13 pm

Prem-Yes, Haulmark Transport DLX, only in a v-nose. White to stay cooler in summer (won't be installing A/C).
Gonefishin
Donating Member

Postby hunter535 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:19 pm

Gonefishing,

Looks like a decent trailer. The price sounds really reasonable for a New(?) Haulmark trailer. :thumbsup:

I looked at the haulmarks here in NY, (local dealer) and they seemed to be pretty good. The only thing I didn't care for was the frame construction of the walls & roof. They use a top hat design steel frame which I was not interested in. I wanted a full tube frame construction. That is one of the reasons why I went with the Cargo Express Pro Series. :)
hunter535
Teardrop Master

Postby mdvaden » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:34 pm

6 x 12 was my choice too. I could pretty easily handle a 5 x 10 and do alright too. I almost got a 7 x 12 or 7 x 14 but did not like the fact that those would be harder to see behind on the road. I don't like extension mirrors. And right now, the 6 x 12 is perfect - I can see what is behind it more or less.
mdvaden
Teardrop Master

Postby riggerneer » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:28 pm

This is a great site! I have a 2005 5x8 S&S all steel trailer I have been modifying/using for several long distance cargo hauling or camping trips. It fits in my garage and it tows great. It has a bed platform that folds up out of the way for cargo. I am looking for windows and a trailer type door/screendoor assy. 24"x48". Thanks for any help. Ihope to post some pictures if I can figure out how.
riggerneer
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Prem » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:48 am

riggerneer,

It took me a while to figger out how to upload photos to these posts too. The easiest way is to create your own ALBUM (see up top of this page and click on it). Then when you want to display your photo here you just cut and paste it's URL in, drag your cursor across the URL to highlight it and then click the "Img" button below the subject box.

Prem
My goal...

Gold Donating Member

Postby bc toys » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:21 pm

rigger look at my album i got a fold up bed 5x8love it but haven't got out to use it yet where are you from
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions