Camper with plans

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Camper with plans

Postby Camper » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:51 pm

Hey to all
Have been checking out this site for some time now and have been amazed as to how many people have already done cargo conversions.There are lots of great ideas out there.
Well to begin with i already have a commercially built heavy duty 5x8 utility trailer with 18 inch sides an fifty inch ramp. It is a 3500 lb trailer that already weighs just over 1000 lbs.My plans are to enclose it and make it into a cargo/camper trailer for my wife and i.
You may be thinking why not just buy a cargo trailer,well truth is first the cheapest on is 2100.oo so as i don't have the budget for that i am doing it with what i already have.Plus i have more of a blank slate to work with.I just finished drawing the plans for it and will post them for inspection soon.I am really getting excited about starting this project very soon.
Camper
Teardrop Builder

Postby bc toys » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:24 pm

Good luck with your build. Buy your door I built mine want do that again lots of $ :? Other than that I would do it again. :thumbsup:
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Prem » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:43 pm

Camper in Boise,

That's the heaviest 5x8 ever. :shock:

Are you a welder? Sounds like it would be perfect for a 1" square tube (thin wall) frame.

Pete (oside trailer) did something kind of similar (6x12):

http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=29658

Take a photo. Let's see the basic trailer, please.

Best regards,

Prem
My goal...

Gold Donating Member

am back

Postby Camper » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:38 pm

Well after problems with my password i am finally back.Tried to reach administrator multiple times but never got any response javascript:emoticon(':x')backjavascript:emoticon(':x').Had to use a different computer to reactivate my account.Thanks BCToys and Prem for your thoughts.Will be posting photos soon . :
Camper
Teardrop Builder

Postby Prem » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:26 pm

Camper,

Let's see that photo of the basic trailer. :pictures: Then we can all start the ideas flowing if you want to figure out what materials for the least expensive, most solid structure, etc.

Prem :coffee:
My goal...

Gold Donating Member

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions