Help I need pic ideas for floor battery

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Postby High Desert » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:36 pm

you may want to check out halfdome Danny's album, he mounts his under the floor behind the axle. Makes for a nice out of the way mounting solution. He has several pics of it. I know others have similar mounts, but his came to mind first.
Shaun

"it's not the years honey, it's the mileage"
High Desert
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Juneaudave » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:43 pm

Here is a pic of Danny's setup...

I believe he gets the holders from Speedway Motors. I understand that they fit a group 24 battery with a little modification to the "J" bolt. Speedway Battery Box
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby High Desert » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:06 pm

Danny's are actually mounted to a crossmember close behind the axle.

Sounds like your idea should work fine. I agree that minimizing vibration to a reasonable level is a good thought.
Shaun

High Desert
Platinum Donating Member

Re: "I see said the blind man"

Postby High Desert » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:13 pm

ronaldito wrote:"I see said the blind man".. didnt realized mounted to cross member and not the axle.. sorry...

:lol:

no apologies needed here, I just happened to have my glasses on that time :lol:
Shaun

High Desert
Platinum Donating Member

Postby MegC » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:54 am

Dumb question: what would prevent the batteries from getting clobbered on a rutted/rock ridden fire road?
~ intel gathering until we get more $. If anyone's got a line on a winning lotto ticket or a tooth fairy I can shake down for cash, PM me.
"...believing in human perfectibility starts with trying to force people into a mold, then into a prison, and then into an oven."
MegC
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Ageless » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:35 am

Having travelled much of the west , , , ,we only have those in the rainier climes of the west
Strangers on this road we are on; we are not two, we are one - Raymond Douglas Davies
Ageless
Platinum Donating Member

Postby MegC » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:43 pm

Ageless wrote:Having travelled much of the west , , , ,we only have those in the rainier climes of the west

I'm gonna remember this quote the next time my buddy scrapes up the bottom of his horse trailer getting into the Colockum, lol!
~ intel gathering until we get more $. If anyone's got a line on a winning lotto ticket or a tooth fairy I can shake down for cash, PM me.
"...believing in human perfectibility starts with trying to force people into a mold, then into a prison, and then into an oven."
MegC
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Ageless » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:13 pm

;) Depending on which part of 'central' you are; the snow melt can make the FS roads real washboards . . . .I'm talking shake yer fillings loose washboards
Strangers on this road we are on; we are not two, we are one - Raymond Douglas Davies
Ageless
Platinum Donating Member

Postby GreatPumpkin » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:33 pm

Ageless wrote:;) Depending on which part of 'central' you are; the snow melt can make the FS roads real washboards . . . .I'm talking shake yer fillings loose washboards

That would be the Little Joe road coming out of St Regis, heading back across the border into Idaho. Never met a worse washboard in my life. Even at slow speeds it wanted to rattle my Airstream apart!
Custom Benroy/Grunman/Hybrid...In Progress
2001 Dodge Ram 1500
2001 Honda XR650R

"In regione caecorum rex est luscus." GP
GreatPumpkin
Teardrop Master

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions