Will War-Lok Locks fit on Small Trailers

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Will War-Lok Locks fit on Small Trailers

Postby RoadTrucker » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:08 am

Hello everyone! Nice forum for small trailers. Some very creative teardrops on the website. We do not have a teardrop Trailer, but we do have Travel Trailers with swing out doors and we use a War-Lok lock on them called a CTL-10, Cargo Trailer Lock, which is much better than a padlock type lock. It looks like this lock would NOT work on a Teardrop Trailer, but I thought I would ask, just in case.

Is anyone using, or tried to use the War-Lok CTL-10 (Cargo Trailer Lock) on a small Trailer. If so, would you mind telling me the Trailer name and if the CTL-10 will work or not. I would like to add a page on our website listing the trailers that the lock will fit on and also a list of Trailers that the lock will not work on. Thanks RoadTrucker

Enjoy and keep your family safe by driving carefully.
--------------------------------------------------
RoadTrucker http://www.RoadTrucker.com/
12 Volt Products for Trucking & Traveling Comfort
RoadTrucker
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Prem » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:02 pm

:applause: Nice! :applause:

Prem
My goal...

Gold Donating Member

List is started

Postby RoadTrucker » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:39 am

Thanks Prem. The picture you have is of the TL-10 which is too large for the utility trailer. It was designed for the Tractor Trailer. Still, it is a good picture, as the CTL-10 (Cargo Trailer Lock) looks exactly like it, except it is black and a little smaller.

I looked at both your trailers. The Cargo Conversion looks a bit like my Pace does, except the Pace is rounded on the front end. The Round Tail does not look like it can use the CTL.

I have a nice start on a list of Trailers. Just click on the link "List of Cargo/Utility Trailers" under the CTL-10 Lock, to see it.

Last, I have a suggestion for the "Hall of Fame" Page, which I was browsing today. The photos are much larger than they need to be for that page. They are all about 100KB. They only need to be about 10KB at that size. It is a very interesting page, but takes a long time to download. When you use the size attribute for your pictures, it only resizes what you see. The larger photo is still downloaded. There is a simple to use, and FREE, utility called IrFanView that your web person can use to easily reduce the size of these photos, so your forum members can enjoy the interesting, creative and artistic teardrop Trailers from some of the members here.
--------------------------------------------------
RoadTrucker http://www.RoadTrucker.com/
12 Volt Products for Trucking & Traveling Comfort
RoadTrucker
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions