Unicat-like features discussion.

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Postby digimark » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:39 pm

I'm sorry I caused a battle, but my original point was that we could learn some techniques for maximizing the use of space inside our CT conversions. I've picked up at least three things I want to use, either in this trailer or the next -- put the porta-potty booth between the outside door and the inside, use bunk beds to maximize sleeping space, and that apart form the quality of the work, large amounts of money don't really buy you a superior experience. We can do the same with lesser expense and effort and enjoy it as well. It's more of a confidence-building thing for me.

If I ever start over, I think I would switch from my current 6'x10' to a 7'x12, and I think that would give me the space needed to have a full Unicat-style living experience. For now I can only use my trailer for camping trips, but what I'd really like to do is travel distances, stopping at different places, like what you'd do with a Class A or C, but less expensively.
--
-- Gary Goldberg/Chesapeake Beach, MD/KA3ZYW
-- http://www.digimark.net/og/
digimark
Teardrop Master

Postby Prem » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:41 pm

Loved the Snow-Motor video! Thanks edcasey.
My goal...

Gold Donating Member

Postby Prem » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:34 pm

Gary wrote:
but what I'd really like to do is travel distances, stopping at different places, like what you'd do with a Class A or C, but less expensively.

Well, a retired friend of mine and his girlfriend are traveling distances and stopping at different places from Washington state to southeastern Arizona in their little T@B. They like it. It's got less volume than a 6 x 10 cargo trailer, right? One just spends more time outside (or in the Easy-Up with the tarp walls up in the winter time). They go north in the summer and south in the winter, and they like soaking in hot springs. Life is good.

Your trailer is awesome for camping and road worthy for traveling long distances. Baja could be good.

I met a couple from Chicago with three kids last year at a mountain lake who had a rented motorhome. The 30-somethings actually got corporate sponsors who paid their gas for the entire trip. All they had to do was hand out advertising trinkets wherever they camped.

Just a thought...or three :)
Last edited by Prem on Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My goal...

Gold Donating Member

Postby Ageless » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:41 pm

What battle?

A lively and somewhat amusing discussion perhaps.

Yes, they used the space as effective as a sailor; but perhaps the example you used was . . . . .just the wrong choice for us old, bull-headed knuckle-draggers.

Now the recent example:

http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=34788&start=0

Would be a better example of what you can do with a reasonable budget
Strangers on this road we are on; we are not two, we are one - Raymond Douglas Davies
Ageless
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Prem » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:56 pm

No battle here. But hit me all you want.

Prem :cheerswine:
My goal...

Gold Donating Member

Postby edcasey » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:18 pm

Prem wrote:Loved the Snow-Motor video! Thanks edcasey.

Glad you enjoyed it Prem.

:thumbsup:
edcasey
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions