R & R Trailers short tongue

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

R & R Trailers short tongue

Postby pete42 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:37 am

I have my eye on a 7X12 foot V-nose R&R trailer made in MI.
I have talked to both the local dealer and the factory they will make the trailer about anyway I want.
I have noticed that with the V-nose there isn't much tongue space I'm not sure I could install a propane bottle if I wanted let alone a battery.
I am wondering if anyone here has an R&R trailer and does the what appears to me to be a short tongue cause them any problems?
thanks as soon as the snow melts I'm ready to order. :applause:
Of course I need to get a new refergiator, washer and dryer first just bought dishwasher and stove in december.
noone said they would wear out just as I got old and on a limited income, another thing about getting old that sucks I guess. :thumbdown:
pete
pete42
Super Lifetime Member

Postby bikerbanker55 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:56 pm

I am considering an R&R trailer as well. I just looked at their web site again and you are correct, the tongue looks very short.

I suggest you call them direct. I talked to one of the owners this week and he was very helpful (Rich or Rick, if I recall). I would think they can lengthen the tongue for you.

I'm thinking the same as you: 7 x 12 V-nose, RV door with screen, curb-side window, and an awning. I'm also considering having them add 120/12V wiring, insulation, 12V vent, white interior, and inboard wheels.

Good luck. Keep us all posted.

Jim
bikerbanker55
Teardrop Inspector

Postby pete42 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:18 pm

We had 4 more inches of snow here yesterday plus all the blowing snow 20 MPH winds not as much as New England's 90+ mph but more than I wanted it took me 1 1/2 hours to travel the usually 20 minuit trip.
I will call and see about longer tongue I have a double receiver piece that would allow me to move the tongue back from the truck but I want more tongue space for battery and propane bottle.

Ihave a birthday coming up march 4th so yesterday I went out and bought myself a present I got a Kreg pocket hole drill guide my brother is the woodworker so "we" now have a guide next month I'm getting one of those Jack-horse 3 legged sawhorse with built in clamping system again "we" all can use it.
pete42
Super Lifetime Member

Postby pete42 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:57 pm

I talked to the salesman he said they could add 12 inches to the tongue that along with the length already will be enough for what I want.

Randy the salesman e-mailed me yesterday asking for a list of items I want added

I have a few myself since I cannot see the trailer I need to know before I buy.
pete42
Super Lifetime Member

Postby 8ball_99 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:08 am

I recently got a 6x14 from freedom Trailers.. I ended up getting a flat front so I could also fit a LP bottle and battery box on the front. I had thought about having them extend the front on a Vnose but I was worried about how that would effect tongue weight since I'm converting mine into a Small Toyhauler with a front bathroom. It might not matter. They might even move the axles forward a little to help with balance.. I ended up putting a front box on mine thats diamond tread like the rock guard.. Looks pretty slick and I can fit the LP bottle in it.
8ball_99
500 Club

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions