Taking the Plunge - Progressing on the build

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Postby pilgrim » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:13 am

Thanks Farm1 - Yeah, it's a little cool up here sometimes :shock: but most of our summer is pleasant. Not too hot or too cold. The problem is that summer only lasts for a week then the rest of the time you have to be prepared - OK, maybe a little longer...

I'll look forward to seeing your build. I've made some progress over the last week that I need to photograph and get on - I'll try to get that done sometime today if possible. It's coming to a point where I'll have to take some time off the project to save for the rest of the things I need. But I'll still work on what I can in the mean time.

Pilgrim
The road less traveled usually has fewer potholes.
pilgrim
Teardrop Builder

Postby David_L6 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:19 am

pilgrim wrote: most of our summer is pleasant. Not too hot or too cold. The problem is that summer only lasts for a week

Pilgrim

I wish summer lasted only a week here. It's been over 100° almost every day this summer. The last week it's been in the 105° to 109° range. Heat index 110° to 117°. Miserable! :phew:
David_L6
Donating Member

Postby Wolfscout » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:19 am

David_L6 wrote:I wish summer lasted only a week here. It's been over 100° almost every day this summer. The last week it's been in the 105° to 109° range. Heat index 110° to 117°. Miserable! :phew:

Same here. I was told we had heat index record of 124° yesterday and expect nearly that high again today.

Pilgrim , you may be going slowly but you're doing a great job. It's best to go slow.
Larry Fulmer, Jr.

2016 8X20 Homestead Patriot CTC
CTC 2

'90 6x12 Wells Cargo Trailer Conversion
my 1st build= CTC 1 FB album history.
Wolfscout
500 Club

Postby OverTheTopCargoTrailer » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:50 am

Hey Pilgrim

The only problem up where you are is, you don't have 1.3 Billion Chinese buying houses with all CASH, so how would I make a living ? But if it comes down to a choice between freezing to death or boiling to death, i'll take the freezing please !!

Besides its cheaper to heat with gas , then to cool with a/c, at least in California so there is another plus. But except for about 2 weeks its been cooler then normal in Calif this year - thank god.

I am falling behind in the installing dept. with my CT - just the exact opposite problem of what you have.....I have to work for $$$$ when its cool & don't like working on the CT when its hot.

I love your trailer, but would need a silver Tundra to match...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
OverTheTopCargoTrailer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby pilgrim » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:51 am

I'm originally from Texas but moved up here back in the early 80's. Always loved the mountains and such so just decided to do it. I've never had a problem with the cold as much as I did with the heat so it's been great. Almost everyone here uses wood heat in the winter so it's really cheap and during summer we open up the house super early in the mornings and suck in all the cool air we can so we don't have to run our air conditioner unless it's an unusual day. We do get above 100 on very few occasions but this year we've not broken far above 90. Man I feel for you guys in that heat wave! Every place has it's drawbacks though and the long winters can get to some people. I've found that its a good time to develop new hobbies or hone skills in other pursuits like playing guitar and the like. Keeps you from going too bug nutty! :?

Work is tough here without doubt and our area has the highest unemployment rate of our state. But we live on grace and keep truckin' along. Matter of fact I may be starting a new job soon - good as I need something extra to do, but will no doubt cut into my build time as well as limit my bike trips... oh well, it's the trade off we make! The good thing is that I'll have some more cash to contribute to the build. :thumbsup:

Pilgrim
The road less traveled usually has fewer potholes.
pilgrim
Teardrop Builder

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions