Gadget Mans Adventure Trailer parts update

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Gadget Mans Adventure Trailer parts update

Postby Gadget Man » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:18 pm

My new 7x14 Team Spirit trailer will be delivered next week.
I can't wait to get started on the camper/toyhauler conversion.
But in the mean time I have been gathering parts so I will have everything on hand once it finally gets here. Most items were found on E-Bay

So far, I have bought a Fantastic fan, a 45 amp power converter, a porta pottie, battery box and a nice stainless steel bar sink.
I also found a pair of 4 inch memory foam twin mattress's
So far everything has gone well, my garage looks like an RV warehouse.

But today my 10 gallon water tank arrived damaged. The fill port is cracked from it being bent over during shipment.
Then the used 12 volt Surflow pump I bought arrived, the E-Bay ad said the pump ran and pumped water just fine, but they didn't tell me the threads on the inlet port were all stripped and cross threaded. This thing is guaranteed to leak water.
I e-mailed the water tank people to see how to return the water tank, and sent an e-mail to Surflow to see if they might send me a part to fix my pump. Otherwise I may be able to permanently epoxy the pipe on so it will never leak, (or come off)

Keep your fingers crossed. and wish me luck.
I guess it's always Buyer Beware on things you buy off the internet.

Gadget Man
My kids may be smarter than me,
But I know more.
Gadget Man
Teardrop Master

Gadget Man

Postby lmajeff1 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:40 am

Hello congratulations on your trailer adventure starting. I know the feeling on buying on ebay;however, I have bought items off ebay and they were exactly as described. I am making slow progress on my CT to Camper conversion here in Texas it's so HOT :? I have the AC in the roof and the electrical is in. My first task when the weather breaks a little is to clean, prep and paint the trailer roof white using a elastomer paint. :)
lmajeff1
Teardrop Advisor

Postby jwhite » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:44 am

I have had better good luck than bad with Ebay but I think alot of things you find are seconds or used you have to be careful and see if they will take back returns or not<>? but I love ebay you will find everything you need for you trailer if you just look for it.
The 16 gallon water tank I bought came with fittings that were a odd size and I couldn't find a fitting that would work,you may have to order that from the tank people.
I had to take one of the fittings that came with the tank and drill a hole through the end? I can't imagine that is what your supposed to do but that was the only way I could make it work,I put some 5minute epoxie inside the water line and used a small hose clamp and it has worked fine.
My 12 volt water pump has worked perfectly.
jwhite
The 300 Club

Postby Gadget Man » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:53 am

Oh, Don't get me wrong, I love E-Bay.
I have been buying and selling things on E-Bay for years.
I actually bought a 1997 BMW f650 motorcycle sight-unseen on E-Bay a couple years ago and had it shipped from NC to MN with no problems at all. Aside from a few scratches from tie-down straps that I think the shipping company was responsible for, It's a great bike and was just as described.
Since then I have bought lots of camper and motorcycle parts on E-Bay. with no problems. I do feel that sometimes the "shipping and handling" cost are a bit high.

Both the water tank and the water pump were as described, I think the broken water tank was all from poor packaging on the shippers part. I hope they stand behind it and make things right.
The pump was a little disappointing, I think the seller may have hidden the fact that it had chewed up threads in the inlet fitting.
I will sing high praises to everyone if Shurflow comes through for me with a free spare part.

I will keep everyone informed on the progress of my new rig.

Gadget Man
But I know more.
Gadget Man
Teardrop Master

Postby Shadow Catcher » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:26 pm

If all else fails you can get the plastic welded, or weld it yourself. Harbor Freight has welders and rod.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby Gadget Man » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:44 pm

Great Customer Service.

Well, Shurflow sent me an e-mail on Monday that they were sending me a free no charge part to fix my pump.
Now remember...this was a used pump I bought on e-bay, but they didn't even question my request for a new part to fix my pump.
And the people from Indiana that I bought the 10 gallon water tank from, Well... they also sent me an e-mail today that they were sending me a new water tank. there was no mention of a charge and no mention of me needing to send the broken tank back.
Perhaps I can repair it and use it for a grey water tank.

I can't he happier with the outcome from either one if these companies. They know the benefits of great customer service.
Things went in my favor, so here I am telling everyone on this site, and you can guarantee if things would have gone the other way, I'd be telling everyone here as well.

Gadget Man
But I know more.
Gadget Man
Teardrop Master

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions