Its sort of mine!

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: Its sort of mine!

Postby Padilen » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:25 am

For one person it is, and I have some physical issues that's why lift assist is needed. My lift bed is a memory foam double, it's heavy. My couch dinette is medium density foam 48"x72" when made into a bed.
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby pirijodonny » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:27 pm

Thanks! It looked close to a queen. Did you get the slides and brackets at a local hardware store? What did you use to mount the bed in the slides? I Think I may be able to use your design without springs and just have two people lift on each side.
pirijodonny
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Padilen » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:02 pm

Unistrut from home depot if your not going to use the rollers(amazon or eBay) you can use the low profile Unistrut. Since I used rollers I used a carriage bolt threw the hole in them.
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:25 pm

Will spring ever get here ?
I have a few things to finish then I want to go go go. . Want and what I'll have funds for ???.
I'm expecting my health to be better this year, although I have a bad cold touch of flu right now. I'm now fully recovered from my heart mass removal surgery. I'm an official member of the zipper club. My other earlier "zipper" was un-official. So other than about 2" I have zippers from pelvic bone to collar bone. I did ask my surgeon to connect them but he declined-not medically necessary .
Last week 2 friends came over to see my CTC and now they are thinking of selling their T@da and smaller cargo trailer to finance a CTC. She's been trying to join the forum I don't know if her request has gone through.
I'm hoping that this cold is done with me, and the snow and cold last only a few days.
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby Rainier70 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:57 pm

If lifting is a problem, you might consider a pulley and winch system. With enough pulleys a child can winch up hundreds of pounds. The trick is designing the block and tackles and getting them all to work together.

Here is a bed lift that uses pulleys in this Elk Mountain Camper video. It is almost at the end. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-2AYJwKedo
Rainier70
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Padilen » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:39 pm

Thanks for sharing that.
I actual did something today for my CTC.
I sanded the trim and got varnish on, one coat on one side
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:48 pm

Today I worked on insulating underneath with ridged foam. I'm about 2/3 done but gave all the "hard" area's to do. The v and around the plumbing and wiring. And I over did it, will take a few days to recover.
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:51 pm

I'm working or helping is a better description at least until the maple syrup is all bottled. I help a few days a week. Today I was "off" I had wanted to go to the Jeep Blessing. But my friend and home builder was able to help me fix my un square bathroom. I need to shellac the trim again and then seal the corners. Then hang the shower curtain and TP holder. The underside of floor is all insulated, some caulking left. Still not sure what I'll coat it with. Whole in floor for AC and maybe an additional side vent for waste tank vent instead of existing one. Then in using it
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Fri May 06, 2016 8:24 pm

Underside of Taz is completed. I used Dryloc tinted grey to paint insulation.
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby Iconfabul8 » Fri May 06, 2016 11:31 pm

What are you using to attach the insulation to the bottom of the trailer?
Iconfabul8
500 Club

Postby Padilen » Sat May 07, 2016 11:02 am

Iconfabul8 wrote:What are you using to attach the insulation to the bottom of the trailer?

Liquid nails that's safe for insulation. I used 1" scrap pieces as spacers or cleats glued in. Then cut my 2" so I had to force it in, using liquid nails to attach to the spacers. Caulked around all seams, then 2 coats of Dryloc.
Padilen
Donating Member

Its sort of mine!

Postby Padilen » Fri May 13, 2016 9:17 pm

Few things to mount/hang and Taz is coming out of pole barn!
Bathroom- minus shower curtain, should be done tomorrow.
Cargo bar that I think I'll use as a clothes rod. Changed my mind used a clothes rod.
Garage door latches that I'll use as indoor ramp door latches.
Shower curtain shower caddy and a wire shelf left to do.
Last edited by Padilen on Sun May 15, 2016 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Sat May 14, 2016 8:24 pm

Done did it!
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Mon May 16, 2016 4:44 pm

Got it out- by myself!
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby McDave » Tue May 17, 2016 6:54 am

Hey Padilen,
I've been meaning to tell you what a nice job you have done with that project. The end product is really something you can be proud of. I have followed from the start and I must say I am impressed with the way you stuck with it and forged ahead, taking one bite at a time until you got it done. A lot of people (myself included) could stand to take a lesson from you.
Nice job young man.

McDave

P.S. That trailer is looks like it just barely clears the barn door at the top! :shock: :shock:
McDave
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions