2010 Forest River Work & Play "Take it EZ" Toy

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Postby edcasey » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:11 am

Hmm...I've got to wonder how well that A/C works.

In the picture you can see the condenser vents into an enclosed compartment and has to make a 90 degree turn to exit out a refrigerator vent. This has to make for poor air flow. Also, in the foreground of the picture you see the louvered intake vents. Relatively cool exterior air is supposed to be drawn into these vents by the fan and than blown through the condenser removing heat. In this case, the air drawn through the intake vent will be very warm because it is also in the enclosed compartment that the hot condenser air is vented into. So the air conditioner is blowing very warm air through the condenser which wont remove very much heat. It will take longer to cool the camper than a correctly vented air conditioner.

Someone mentioned that the exterior is metal (aluminum). This is very surprising to me because Work & Plays were always laminate walls with fiberglass exteriors but this is a new model.

I sold and serviced Work and Plays for several years and Forest River products are a little better than most as far as quality goes. But it is a factory built camper made to look like a cargo trailer so you should expect the usual problems factory built campers have.
edcasey
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions