5x8 V-nose sleeper help/ideas please!

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: 5x8 V-nose sleeper help/ideas please!

Postby onehoser » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:32 pm

i have a 5,000 btu window shaker for my 6x12 but i think i'll get a portable a/c, that way i don't have to cut holes until i know exactly where i want to mount it and i don't have to drag it around in the cool weather
I am the wisest man alive, for i know one thing, and that is that i know nothing. (socrates)
onehoser
The 300 Club

Postby mike445 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:52 pm

onehoser wrote:i have a 5,000 btu window shaker for my 6x12 but i think i'll get a portable a/c, that way i don't have to cut holes until i know exactly where i want to mount it and i don't have to drag it around in the cool weather
I’m going with a portable unit since I already have one. It’s a dual hose I bought in Canada years ago. It works great! I’m gonna use hard pipe and vent it through the floor. I’m hoping to fit it in the V-nose and build a cabinet around it with shelves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mike445
Teardrop Builder

Postby onehoser » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:58 pm

this combination light/fan works quite well, uses 2 D batteries that last a long time. was on sale at princess auto for $15

I am the wisest man alive, for i know one thing, and that is that i know nothing. (socrates)
onehoser
The 300 Club

Postby mike445 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:00 pm

onehoser wrote:Image

this combination light/fan works quite well, uses 2 D batteries that last a long time. was on sale at princess auto for $15

I saw those on Amazon! I almost bought one!

mike445
Teardrop Builder

Postby onehoser » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:19 pm

when we really need to move air this ryobi fan does the job, it’s 110v and 18v battery pack that we can charge off of the solar panel or the jeep when we drive itImage

onehoser
The 300 Club

Postby mike445 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:20 pm

onehoser wrote:when we really need to move air this ryobi fan does the job, it’s 110v and 18v battery pack that we can charge off of the solar panel or the jeep when we drive itImage

Nice! I have a small 5V fan that works off battery as well. It’s not crazy strong but it’s decent.

mike445
Teardrop Builder

Postby onehoser » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:26 pm

if it's real hot, wiping down with a damp cloth and the fan going can actually give you a chill, lol!
onehoser
The 300 Club

Postby mike445 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:27 pm

onehoser wrote:if it's real hot, wiping down with a damp cloth and the fan going can actually give you a chill, lol!
That is awesome to know! Thank you!

mike445
Teardrop Builder

Postby onehoser » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:43 pm

one of my favorites is this redneck air conditioner, put some ice in it and plug in the fan

onehoser
The 300 Club

Postby mike445 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:00 pm

onehoser wrote:Image

one of my favorites is this redneck air conditioner, put some ice in it and plug in the fan

Aha!! The swamp cooler!! They really work huh!?
Mike

mike445
Teardrop Builder

Postby onehoser » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:04 am

i use this 40 watt solar panel and battery packs to run the lights and charge phones etc. i didn’t bother mounting the panel because most of our camping is in shaded areas, so it’s easier to move the panel into the sun.Image

onehoser
The 300 Club

Postby mike445 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:31 am

onehoser wrote:i use this 40 watt solar panel and battery packs to run the lights and charge phones etc. i didn’t bother mounting the panel because most of our camping is in shaded areas, so it’s easier to move the panel into the sun.Image

I was thinking of doing the Harbor Freight 100 watt solar system and getting a couple batteries. What battery packs do you use?
Mike

mike445
Teardrop Builder

Postby onehoser » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:40 am

i also have a 100 watt panel for my 6x12. i have 2 each of the batteries show and 2 of those booster packs that you can use to jump start vehiclesImage

onehoser
The 300 Club

Postby mike445 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:11 am

onehoser wrote:i also have a 100 watt panel for my 6x12. i have 2 each of the batteries show and 2 of those booster packs that you can use to jump start vehiclesImage

Perfect!!!! Thank you!! That’s exactly what I’m going to do!! Do you keep the batteries inside or outside? I’m going to but the HF 100 watt system. It even comes with LED lights. I’ll get a couple of the following batteries. I’ll start with one.
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg (651.3 KiB) Viewed 1617 times

mike445
Teardrop Builder

Postby onehoser » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:28 am

i keep them in ammo boxes so i can have one inside while running light etc or outside when sitting around the camp fire or when charging off of the solar panel. i grew up on a farm so prepping comes natural to me, lol. living in the country along the lakeshore we can lose power for long periods of time, so it pays to have battery backup to run the tv, routers etc and 3 gensets for the bigger appliances as needed

onehoser
The 300 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions