7'*18' V-Nose Cargo Trailer Toy Hauler Conversion

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: 7'*18' V-Nose Cargo Trailer Toy Hauler Conversion

Postby Philip » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:57 am

Donut757 wrote:Would have figured you wore a cape based on this awesome display of worksmanship.

Enjoy your trip.

:lol:

Enjoy the trip. You need it after all the hard work that's been done.

The only thing I see missing in the build at this stage is a good house keeping seal of approval sticker. It needs one. :thumbsup:
Philip
Silver Donating Member

Postby McDave » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:37 am

Christ! You're just a kid! I thought you was an "elder statesman" like Hank and me. Well, nice job Junior. You should be proud. I know your wife and all of us are proud of ya.
So, couple quick reminders, wouldn't want you step on your Johnson at this point. That's the only problem with the big Johnson, but they do look sporty in the shower. just sayin'
Speakin of showers, do you have what you need for the "Men's Shower"? You know, the one outside, in the back of the trailer. You DO NOT want to dirty up that work of art before Mrs. Don has it broke in.
If that Microwave aint bolted down, it'll try to make you look stupid. So,....
Do you have a mat or rug affair for the awning/patio area? They really help cut down on the dirt infiltration, from your friends, not you. You are amazingly tidy.
Alright, say hello to Tommy for me. You boys play nice now. Don't let him lead you astray... you know how he is.
Lots of pics if its convenient. Be Safe and Enjoy.
Congratulations Don, Job very well done. .... :applause: ...

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby facethewolf » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:05 pm

I admit that I skipped a few pages when reading this, but at the beginning you were planning on doing a drop down loft bed above the bike. I don't see it in these maiden voyage pictures. Am I missing something? Where are you sleeping in this VERY NICE ctc?

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
facethewolf
Teardrop Builder

Postby flboy » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:47 pm

Thanks for the kind words guys. And McDave.. I did get an outdoor carpet for the door and the Microwave gets put away for the road trip.. :-)... I am not that young by the way... a 1963 vintage.

Facethewolf... You did miss it a few posts back. I am building the loft bed over the Holidays.. ran out of time for this trip. I am using an air mattress on the floor in the back for the first trip.

I'll post some pics from the CTC in action this weekend. I am loaded and hauling to work in the AM. :thumbsup:
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby m.colley » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:20 am

Don,
You've worked hard and diligently to get your CTC ready, so enjoy your trip.

Martin
m.colley
The 300 Club

Postby hankaye » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:36 am

flboy, Howdy;

Good to see you have it complete enough for a 'trial run'. put some sort of insulation between the
air mattress and the floor or that air bag will suck the heat from ya real quick then you'd wake up
and know how I feel first thing in the morning ... all creaky an such.

Lookin' forward to seein' some pix from the trip and to hear how well it all works for ya.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby m.colley » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:11 pm

hankaye wrote:flboy, Howdy;

put some sort of insulation between the
air mattress and the floor or that air bag will suck the heat from ya real quick then you'd wake up
and know how I feel first thing in the morning ... all creaky an such.
hank

Yup I learned that one this past week on my maiden voyage after the first night. I took an old sleeping bag I had with me and thru it on the floor. It made all the difference over the next couple of nights.

Martin
m.colley
The 300 Club

Postby RandyH » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:20 pm

Hey Don, what brand equalizing hitch are you using?

Randy
RandyH
Teardrop Builder

Postby flboy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:24 pm

RandyH wrote:Hey Don, what brand equalizing hitch are you using?

Randy

I am using a Haul Master from Harbor Freight. It works great . Trailer pulls great.
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby flboy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:54 pm

The Shakedown trip went great. Had an awesome time riding and camping. I’m going to post a bunch of pics from the weekend below but a few things on the CTC:

1: Pulled great at highway speed with no swaying. Very well balanced and controlled.
2: I have a small water leak on the cold-water side under the shower. I kept having to turn the pump off after use to keep from a lot of leaking. There are no connections under the shower. I think I may have nicked a pex line with a trim nail. Or the Pex line has a small crack in it…In any case… I may need to pull a new line through.
3. All the appliances work great. The 60 gallons of fresh water was more than enough for a three day weekend. I didn’t conserve at all and went home with at least 20 gallons. I took hot showers three nights and left the water running the whole time the last two nights. That was nice!
4. Not much I’d change on the layout… but need that loft bed. The mattress takes up too much real estate on the floor. The dinette seat is good for eating… but not great for relaxing.. Need the room for the chairs in the back.

My truck and trailer parked at work Thursday. I left directly from work.

This is where Tom and I camped: Great weather!

Proof the oven works.  Actually was nice to have the pizza.

Another use of the oven.. Cinnamon roles for breakfast!

Tom taking a break… Those trails are tough!

Pic of me posing! We were taking a rest… Almost had to drag our bikes over a few trees.

A picture of Tom and the bikes overlooking the lake… not sure the name.

Last edited by flboy on Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby pchast » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:46 pm

Thanks for the pix. Looks like a good time.
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Postby m.colley » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:34 pm

Looks like you and Tom had a good time. Its good to hear that the CTC did well overall. I wish I could've been there, but I'll be down soon enough.
I'll be starting my fold up bed soon myself. Gonna have to take care of my few wiring issues first.

Martin
m.colley
The 300 Club

Postby flboy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:39 pm

m.colley wrote:Looks like you and Tom had a good time. Its good to hear that the CTC did well overall. I wish I could've been there, but I'll be down soon enough.
I'll be starting my fold up bed soon myself. Gonna have to take care of my few wiring issues first.

Martin

Hi Martin. We did have a good time. We were saying we need to get you down to Ocala. Just figure out when you can come and maybe we can arrange it. That would be fun! Just bring the 4 wheeler.
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby m.colley » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:59 pm

Don,
You betcha I'll be down that way this coming year. I try to see whats coming up in January.

Martin
m.colley
The 300 Club

Postby McDave » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:22 am

Man, that looks like some tough riding. It's like a jungle in there. You guys must be in pretty good shape, for the shape you're in. Most of my dirt biking was in the desert, dunes and cactus mostly. Some Rocky Mountain trails, but the desert was more accessible for us, less people, no rangers and few rules. Gave up the dirt bikes after taking out both knees in a "wheelie gone bad" incident at a bonfire party. I held on to my elsinore trials bike for a while, but I sold to a young guy who wanted to try rock hopping.
I remember my maiden trip with the CTC. I came back to camp after being gone for all day. I kept hearing this weird noise every minute or so. When I got in the camper and heard it I realized it was the pump. I didn't see any water inside so went out and looked at the tank. Lost about 20 gals. Opened the access door and it was a little wet but not 20 gals. Turns out there was a tee with a very small hole, brand new. It just was misting so the pump would pressure up and shut off, a minute or so later the pressure had dropped and the pump came back on. Had a new spare tee on board, so no biggie. I learned to shut off everything except fridge after that. Funny how it never leaked during the entire build process and not during the first 3-4 days of camping. I couldn't even see the hole in the tee post mortem.
Glad you had some fun and all went well for you.

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions