dustboy's 6 x 12 conversion

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: dustboy's 6 x 12 conversion

Postby dustboy » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:26 pm

Been thinking about moving the galley outside, as a means to gaining space inside. Had an idea to turn a jobsite box into a rolling kitchen. I have one of these boxes for work, with a good set of casters it rolls around really easy. It could contain the cooktop, sink and all pots/utensils. Water, 12V and propane plumbed to it via quick disconnects. Closed up at night, it would be 100% critter proof.

dustboy
Teardrop Master

Postby 2Tornadoes » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:39 pm

Perfect! But would it be hard to get in/out of the trailer for travel? No forklift at the campsite! Otherwise that is the perfect personal bear box.
2Tornadoes
Teardrop Builder

Postby dustboy » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:32 pm

It does get a little heavy, but with a ramp it wouldn't be much trouble. Change is in the air, and soon it looks like the forklift might be out of the equation altogether. So that means the bed/galley unit needs to change too.
dustboy
Teardrop Master

Postby Augie Dog » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:38 pm

For a temporary heating solution look at the Mr. Heater Big Buddy propane heater. It will provide more heat than you can handle. I camp with a 10 x 14 canvas tent and I sleep in my skivvies when she is on High mode. :beer: :beer:

Never mind!!! I added this in your earlier posts when you were talking about how cold it got on a trip. I see you have added the exact heater I'm talking about! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Augie Dog
Teardrop Builder

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions