The Big Lug

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

The Big Lug

Postby devigata » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:48 am

Well, here it is... all 12' X 6' of it before it got it's new vent and before we took it to the Southeastern Gathering at Anastasia State Park in St. Augustine.

Last edited by devigata on Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
devigata
Donating Member

Postby slyeager » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:04 pm

Can't wait to see the progress.
slyeager
Teardrop Builder

Postby Mary K » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:06 am

:thinking: I can not get the IMG thing to work either.... but here are links...:oops:

http://mikenchell.com/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=43491

http://mikenchell.com/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=43495

Very nice Devigata :applause: :thumbsup:

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby devigata » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:30 pm

Mary K wrote::thinking: I can not get the IMG thing to work either.... but here are links...:oops:

Mk

Oh, THANKS Mary K... When I previewed my post the pics came in, but the next day, it only showed the links. Don't know what I'm doing wrong, but... I can surely put 'em in the album.

Pop (John) said there's a kink in the frame that he'll get to, but I don't want him to do anything until camping season is over... I'd have to tent for a full season in order have it worked on and that's just not acceptable!
devigata
Donating Member

Postby devigata » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:17 pm

Looks like we might (MIGHT) be getting some used kitchen cabinets this weekend. They come with a 30" electric stove and a built-in dishwasher (width unknown) which we can't use. It's an hour drive - Saturday afternoon tour?

Found on Craigslist/Orlando. Boy-O-BOY, used kitchen cabinets are hard to find! Will keep all informed if anything new really happens.

Still haven't fixed the kink in the frame, either. I just can't pass up the camping season to tear down the trailer and not have it when the time comes.
devigata
Donating Member

Postby devigata » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:33 pm

Well, since we didn't get the kitchen cabinets we wanted, not much happened... unTIL...

I needed to get away. BIG time. So, we went to go to our favorite campsite (12 miles away) and found out that the county had determined that there will be no campfires until further notice {{ sigh }}. In the area there are three other campgrounds, but none of them were allowing anything more than a charcoal grill for heat. After the recent freeze with no moisture, and a 40* camping night, we decided to camp in the back yard with our own fire pit (and nearby hose). After cocktails in front of the fire, and much conversation, we were revved up for a trip to the local "orange store" for lumber. Thank you, overtime!

So, we'd decided not to fix the frame in lieu of having an outdoor kitchen NOW that doesn't require unloading two sawhorses and moving a "grub box" that weighs nearly as much as I do. Not to mention the stove table, stove and propane tank that had to be set up. Why do we have a TT? Minimal set-up, right?

SO... After the trip to the local HD, Sweet Hubby installed a new floor (pics to come... they're on the camera, but I'm having trouble off-loading them). AND we also have the wood to build the wall at the tail of the trailer for the galley.

On Monday, "Superman" (John) DID switch the back ramp cable system to the driver's side (pics have been taken). The door to the cabin is on the passenger side, but there was a lift-gate cable system on that side which seemed to be in the way. He switched it to the driver's side. That'll work better for us. YAY!!!

Next step? I haven't a clue. We have more lumber, so I'm praying for sawdust... SOON.

Pics to come, I promise! I need to get with my kiddo to "assist" in the high-tech-ness of it all.
devigata
Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:39 pm

Cathy Jo,

We need :pictures: :D
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby devigata » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:04 am

I know, Steve... I'll work on it again after work today. :worship:
devigata
Donating Member

Postby razorback » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:50 am

hey divigata
Have you tried the Habitat for Humanity Restores to search for used cabinets. They have one in Orlando. The one I was in had a great selection of lots of items donated to them. Prices were really good.
Good luck in your project.
http://www.habitat.org/cd/frame/framese ... rlando.org

Larry
razorback
Super Lifetime Member

Re: The Big Lug

Postby starleen2 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:24 pm

devigata wrote:Well, here it is... all 12' X 6' of it before it got it's new vent and before we took it to the Southeastern Gathering at Anastasia State Park in St. Augustine.

Here ya' go

Last edited by starleen2 on Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby starleen2 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:25 pm

devigata wrote:
Mary K wrote::thinking: I can not get the IMG thing to work either.... but here are links...:oops:

Mk

Oh, THANKS Mary K... When I previewed my post the pics came in, but the next day, it only showed the links. Don't know what I'm doing wrong, but... I can surely put 'em in the album.

Pop (John) said there's a kink in the frame that he'll get to, but I don't want him to do anything until camping season is over... I'd have to tent for a full season in order have it worked on and that's just not acceptable!

[img]http://insert%20www.%20here%20mikenchell.com/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=43491[/img]

All you was missing was the "www." after the" //"
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby devigata » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:59 am

Well, here's the floor. I took five pics and only one came out (I'm a horrible photographer). We will be painting the floor and walls with some paint we got for free. I don't know what color it is (brown?), but free is my favorite price!

We still haven't removed the makeshift shelf at the nose. It's full of our chairs and other things. Below it is our white folding table, orange water cooler, a couple of drawer sets, our umbrella and the electric heater we picked up recently.

I'll snap some of the lift spring after work this evening.

devigata
Donating Member

Postby devigata » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:09 am

razorback wrote:hey divigata
Have you tried the Habitat for Humanity Restores to search for used cabinets. They have one in Orlando. The one I was in had a great selection of lots of items donated to them. Prices were really good.
Good luck in your project.
http://www.habitat.org/cd/frame/framese ... rlando.org

Larry

I was going to go there, Larry, but we bought lumber instead. It's probably for the best, because now we can customize the space for the items we have. I can't wait to get started!
devigata
Donating Member

Postby devigata » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:54 am

Promised pics (for Steve)...

Here's where the cable WAS:

Where it was moved to:

And the spring itself - just the winch part of it was changed from the passenger side to the driver's side. The side door of the trailer is on the passenger side, but the cable made one walk all the way to the back of the ramp to go inside. Now we can access what will be the galley from the side.

That's all for now - floor and wall paint coming soon!
devigata
Donating Member

Postby devigata » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:43 am

Free paint... awful color, great price. 1st coat only, not cut in.

devigata
Donating Member

Next

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions