real home size gas stove! why or why not...

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

real home size gas stove! why or why not...

Postby WTW » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:08 pm

I am looking at some very nice gas stoves on craigs list for $100-200. These are 4 burner w/ oven. I saw where the red barn has a full size stove what is the down side of having this as the cooking unit for a rear camp kitchen. I can not even believe how useful that could be at a camp site. thanks Tomm
WTW
Teardrop Inspector

Postby caseydog » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:14 pm

How big of a teardrop are you planning to build? :thinking:

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby rebapuck » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:15 pm

A lot of weight. How about an apartment size stove. I think they are about 22"
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Range and Oven

Postby eamarquardt » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:26 pm

I bought a new rv range and oven. Not real big (smaller than the 3 way reefer I bought) and not really that heavy. Why not shop around at some rv salvage yards and pick up a used one or a new one is about $600 bucks if you have the money and want what you want!

Last Saturday evening I saw a 3 axle travel trailer on its side over the edge of the freeway. By the time they hauled it back on the road and righted it it was nothing but a pile of junk, nothing left (but maybe a range, ha). Perhaps you could track it down and get a deal, ha!

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Gus
The opinions in this post are my own. My comments are directed to those that might like an alternative approach to those already espoused.There is the right way,the wrong way,the USMC way, your way, my way, and the highway.
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu-"The Day the Earth Stood Still"
"You can't handle the truth!"-Jack Nicholson "A Few Good Men"
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan
eamarquardt
Silver Donating Member

Postby WTW » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:29 pm

Wishing to do a cargo trailer, thanks for the thoughts.
WTW
Teardrop Inspector

Postby hunter535 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:30 pm

Tomm,
Our stove in the house died on us a few years ago (electric range, oven element arced and caught the stove on fire, it was trashed). A friend of mine gave a standard 30" gas range he was getting rid of (lime green in color). It was old so we opted not to use it and bought a new gas range. So, I got the idea that if I could take this apart and just have the top end of the range, it would make a great camping stove and that is just what I did. I was able to disconnect the 4 burner top from the oven and I mounted it on a foldable table. I set it up outside under our canopy and it is just like cooking at home, Plenty of room for cooking. If I can find a pic of it, I will post it. You might be able to see it out in one of my photos in my album under the canopy.
hunter535
Teardrop Master

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions