Deep Cycle battery restoration desulfation

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Postby Gonefishin » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:37 pm

I have 3 deep cycle batteries in heavy use on my boats on a weekly basis. Have done so for over 25 years as a fishing guide. They see more discharging and vibration and elements of hot, cold, and moisture than any battery ever will on our rv's. I run them through over 150 "cycles" a year. Trust me on this: Put any money you would spend on those gimmicks toward a new battery with a good warranty. I mean, really. If these things brought batteries "back to life," nobody would be buying new batteries. Word would be out.

Wal-Mart sells a GREAT group 29, as well as smaller group 24 and 27 deep cycles. I'll put up against any optima, trojan, or other group 29 out there. They have an 18 MONTH FREE REPLACEMENT warranty, no questions asked. Yes, you can have a brand new deep cycle battery every 17 months for as long as Wal Mart is in business! Whether you need it or not. And all this for about $70 dollars.

No brainer.

Yea, you might be able to add a few charges to a worn-out battery with some 5 or 10 dollar gimmick. But why bother? Often, you can do that just by adding new distilled water to an existing battery and giving it a proper charge at a proper rate with a quality charger. Heat, vibration, and improper charging are a battery's worst enemy. Not cold and discharging, like most people assume.

In a long-winded answer--put your time and dollars toward a new one.
Gonefishin
Donating Member

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions