Looks like someone is copying y'all

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Looks like someone is copying y'all

Postby MegC » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:01 pm

~ intel gathering until we get more $. If anyone's got a line on a winning lotto ticket or a tooth fairy I can shake down for cash, PM me.
"...believing in human perfectibility starts with trying to force people into a mold, then into a prison, and then into an oven."
MegC
Teardrop Advisor

Postby mikeschn » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:11 pm

I've seen the quicksilver line before. What I like about it, is that it's all aluminum. So a little water is not going to hurt it. However, in cold weather, it's really really cold.

The Camplite line is new. I'll have to go to my local RV dealer and check them out, if they get one of those Camplite models in stock.

I don't know anything about those cargo trailer/toy haulers...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Gonefishin » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:12 pm

Meg: I don't think those guys come close to copying the original, custom, creative conversions that have been tossed around on this site. This place is full of great ideas. Their cargo trailer looks pretty basic to me. Thier aluminum trailer looks nice, but its not really "tiny", and I bet the cost is above what most spend here.

They're no threat! :lol:
Gonefishin
Donating Member

Postby Prem » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:24 pm

Ummm.....My first thought on seeing the fold out beds was: 'What if Mr. & Mrs. XXXL crawl into bed on one side and nobody gets in bed on the other side?'

It's a light aluminum trailer. It's going to tip over without a counter weight on the other side.

I wouldn't want to see or hear that calamity! :no:

Prem
My goal...

Gold Donating Member

Postby MegC » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:43 am

Prem wrote:Ummm.....My first thought on seeing the fold out beds was: 'What if Mr. & Mrs. XXXL crawl into bed on one side and nobody gets in bed on the other side?'...
It's a light aluminum trailer. It's going to tip over without a counter weight on the other side... I wouldn't want to see or hear that calamity! :no:

"When this rig's a rockin'... RUN!" :rofl:
Sorry for that mental lapse, but yeah good point. I haven't seen anything pre-built that meets my criteria and has a cost even remotely comparable with what's been done 'round here anyway.
~ intel gathering until we get more $. If anyone's got a line on a winning lotto ticket or a tooth fairy I can shake down for cash, PM me.
"...believing in human perfectibility starts with trying to force people into a mold, then into a prison, and then into an oven."
MegC
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Prem » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:28 am

Meg,

:thinking: Ummm.....Your sense of humor makes you sound like one of us good 'ol guys. Please post your photo. I'm now havin' a hard time picturing you as female. And no PhotoShop funny business. :shock: :lol:

Prem
My goal...

Gold Donating Member

Postby MegC » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:43 pm

Note avatar- pic taken by husband after a cold dog sled run after dark. NO photoshop (except to resize it of course). Yes, I'm in possession of 2 X chromosomes. As for my twisted sense of humor... please also refer to avatar. I'm a dog musher. That should explain everything, lol.
MegC
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Prem » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:01 pm

MegCR,

I had your avatar photo analyzed by the FBI office here. Their technology allows disguises to be removed and the real identity to be approximated fairly accurately.

Here's what they came up with:
http://tinyurl.com/MegCdisguise

Nice try Meg.

Prem

P.S. I'm a big fan! ;)
My goal...

Gold Donating Member

Postby ARIZONA GUIDE » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:49 am

Welcome Meg I sure liked you in the movie Milk Money.
ARIZONA GUIDE
Teardrop Advisor

Postby pete42 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:56 am

ARIZONA GUIDE wrote:Welcome Meg I sure liked you in the movie Milk Money.

I don't think Meg was in milk money wasn't it Melani Griffith who was in milk money?
pete42
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Prem » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:56 pm

Meg,

I was reconsidering the physics of Mr. & Mrs. XXXL and that trailer with the side extension bed. Seems to me that as it tipped over, the outer edge of the extension would just cause the bed platform to fold up as the trailer tipped over. Mr. & Mrs. would still be in bed, just resting on the ground. They could just deal with the situation in the morning. :wacky

And someone should get a picture of them crawling out the rear of the trailer. :snappy:

Prem :laughter:
Last edited by Prem on Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My goal...

Gold Donating Member

Postby Prem » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:05 pm

P.S.

AZ & Pete,

"You've Got Mail" was my favorite.

Meg,
It took me three trailer builds and 600+ posts to get infamous here.
It's only taken you 9 posts to get famous. HOW COOL IS *THAT* :QM :EXP :wink:
My goal...

Gold Donating Member

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions