Saw a lot of Cargo Conversions in Colorado this week

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Saw a lot of Cargo Conversions in Colorado this week

Postby RvMan56 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:32 am

Wow we were surprised to see so many, saw one up around Rio Grande Reservoir that said Work and Play on the back, we stopped to visit but no one was home, big trailer. We have been staying in a camp ground in South Fork since our last encounter with the wannabe trailer stealers. We are back in New Mexico now, have more work to do on trailer, we sure are enjoying ours, the Cat's are loving it also. Windows next and fresh water tank.
:twisted: We have named ours the Cat House. 8)
RvMan56
Teardrop Inspector

Work-n-play

Postby ho-do » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:32 am

Those are a commercial brand of toy-hauler. We were intially looking at buying one, but decided to doour own and save around $13,000. Those are made by Forest River.
ho-do
Teardrop Builder

And...

Postby ho-do » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:35 am

And did you visit Lake City? My wife's grandparents had summer home there from the late 50's until early 2004. We have camped there at the Henson Creek Campground several times. Love that area!! My wife's cousins still live in Lake City and own a gas station there.
ho-do
Teardrop Builder

Postby 8ball_99 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:45 am

yeah My sister has a 28' Work and Play. It seem like a pretty nice trailer. Factory made RV though. Can't really consider it a Conversion.
8ball_99
500 Club

Postby RvMan56 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:24 pm

Hmm, factory ok I didn't know that, we didn't go to Lake City cause we were Atv riding on FS 520 and ended up almost to Silverton but turned back cause of the time and rain was coming in. Thanks for the replies.
:o
RvMan56
Teardrop Inspector

Postby d30gaijin » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:52 pm

RvMan56,

I was looking at the photos of your build and noticed a dandy set of locks on your trailer tongue. Where did you get the locks? I would like to duplicate what you bought?

Thanks,
Don
d30gaijin
Titanium Donating Member

Postby RvMan56 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:39 pm

AutoZone and it is made by Reese :twisted: The lock seems small but it fits good. :thumbsup:
RvMan56
Teardrop Inspector

Postby d30gaijin » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:05 pm

RvMan56 wrote:AutoZone and it is made by Reese :twisted: The lock seems small but it fits good. :thumbsup:

RvMan56,

Does that include what appears to be two locks, the smaller brass bodied lock and the big yellow under the hitch lock i.e., are both available from AutoZone or are they one lock and I am misinterpreting the pics on your website?

Thanks,
Don
d30gaijin
Titanium Donating Member

Postby RvMan56 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:07 am

Packaga Deal it was say's Yoda. They sale them individual but the store I was at the key was missing from the single package of the Yellow piece so I bought the package deal since the manager couldn't find the key's which I am sure someone stole. My is sometime's a pain to put on but I believe it is worth it, the lock fits my trailer very tight and snug so unless they are carrying a zip saw or torch it would be very hard to cut it with a hacksaw.

Here is the link to it at AutoZone Online.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalo ... tId=207473
:thumbsup: :D
RvMan56
Teardrop Inspector

Postby drcurran » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:01 pm

I have both and I'm sure some "expert" could get both of them off, but it would take a lot of work and I'm sure much noise. I feel pretty secure.

Dan
"I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was."
TK
drcurran
Teardrop Master

Postby RvMan56 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:03 pm

drcurran wrote:I have both and I'm sure some "expert" could get both of them off, but it would take a lot of work and I'm sure much noise. I feel pretty secure.

Dan

Yeah, just what I was trying to say.. 8)

I love a Tight Fit! :D
RvMan56
Teardrop Inspector

Postby d30gaijin » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:21 pm

RvMan56 wrote:Packaga Deal it was say's Yoda. They sale them individual but the store I was at the key was missing from the single package of the Yellow piece so I bought the package deal since the manager couldn't find the key's which I am sure someone stole. My is sometime's a pain to put on but I believe it is worth it, the lock fits my trailer very tight and snug so unless they are carrying a zip saw or torch it would be very hard to cut it with a hacksaw.

Here is the link to it at AutoZone Online.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalo ... tId=207473
:thumbsup: :D

RvMan56,

Thank you so much for the additional information and the link! :applause:

I'll swing by my local AutoZone tomorrow at lunch-time and see if they have them in stock. According to the link you provided and entering my zip code it appears they do.

Best regards for a great tip and excellent information.

Don
d30gaijin
Titanium Donating Member

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions