Buyer Beware.... Updated August 18

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Buyer Beware.... Updated August 18

Postby UtilConversion » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:11 am

Just wanted to let all of you know about a Marey Tankless heater and a dubious seller on Ebay. In June, I purchased from Ebay one of the above for my conversion. About two weeks later I received the heater. The package was all banged up and when opened, the packing foam was busted up.

I connected the LP tank along with water supply. Turned on the water with no response other than the ignitor clicking. I gave the unit a closer inspection and noticed the warranty seal was cut? I contacted the seller immediately and got a decent response. Several emails transpired along with a phone call. I told him that the seal was cut and I would open it up to see if anything obvious. Based on the void if broken written on the seal I figured I was screwed anyway. Lifted off the cover to find the three wires to the gas solenoid was cut clean off? I sent in pics and was promised an exchange. Never heard from either the manufacturer nor the seller again.

So much for the Marey five year warranty and the seller standing behind the product sale. So I am now stuck with a piece of crap product and out $220.00 Bucks. So here is the information so that you may never make this mistake.

Ebay Seller WA7-9908 Name is Mark. Email is [email protected].

Product 5L Tankless LP water heater manufactured by Marey Heater Corp.

Based on my findings... cut wires and a bit of rust in the cover seams. Marey may be selling repaired units pretending to be new. Also, the seller does not stock them he apparently just orders them from Costa Rica!!.

Cheers Jim
----------------------------------------------------------------
After a week or more I finally get this response. --- Are my response to each item. I thought to simply publish this in its entirety. Hope it helps some of you not make the same mistake.

On Aug 18, 2011, at 8:27 AM, Tankless Water Heaters wrote:

Jim-

Your comments are not qualified - as I have tried to help you and it's obvious now that you're simply not smart enough to realize that the problem you've had is YOURS and does not have anything to do with the quality of the heater you've purchased.

-- Really! Well putting your insults aside. Yes, at first I thought you was amazing with your help. However, You did not follow through with the offer that you and this Gilbert guy was supposed to do. You offered me the choice of a replacement or exchange for the external unit and that I was to await the RMA from Gilbert that never came. I replied that I would take the external unit and suffer the dollar difference. So the error was on both of you for not responding nor going through with what we agreed too!!.

Both Marey, inc. I and attempted to resolve the matter by replacing the heater, but YOU NEVER responded back to Gilbert in the warranty department.
-- I never had anything from Gilbert?

You kept telling me that you wanted an entirety different unit, other than what you purchased. Now I see that you were simply stating that the unit was USED (which we both know is a lie)
-- How do you explain rust in the seams, dead on arrival, cut warranty decal along with cut wires and torn up packaging?

and you wanted me to shoulder the cost of fixing your dumb mistake (too large of a heater for your RV).
-- What a bunch of crap!!. The very first email to you regarding this was that I urgently needed a replacement as my camper was being custom built and had to make sure the particular unit would be fitted in cabinetry etc. Further study lead me to loose confidence in this particular model & brand so I opted for the external unit to give my kids for camping while I installed a different and more expensive brand. I made no mistake and Think you are just trying to justify your part in this fiasco.

Nice try and please go forward with your negative comments. Your negative feedback on eBay was frivolous and does not outweigh the overwhelming positive response we get from our (intelligent) customers.
-- Hey!!.... I'm out the money not you! And I have a broken piece of used or repaired crap in my garage. I'm the one who is still waiting for you and or Gilbert to send me the exchange info that never came. So I'm not being a jerk about this. I'm just a reasonable guy who purchased in good faith a product that was bad. I am still awaiting a solution that will never come so call me all the names that you want. You two let the ball drop not me!!,, I did everything that you asked from pictures to responding immediately to emails.

The only satisfaction that I have had out of all this is that you and Marey are getting one justified bad name on the RV sites both national and international. It only takes screwing with one customer to lose several and that you have already. FYI... on one site a potential customer of yours read my warning post and thanked me. Said he was just about to order until he read my post. So justice is being done. I would have preferred an honorable solution but you know that did not happen. In closing.... Instead of keep insulting me (your customer) why don't you ask your supplier why they did not send me the RMA info?? Maybe they are the route of all this. I will also publish this response to me and you in its entirety on the RV forums so let them be the judge of your insulting me.

Mark

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 11:21 AM, Jim Ellis <[email protected]> wrote:
Mark

Want to just say how disappointed with you and your supplier. Both of you have just dropped me without any further replies to my emails. I was sold a dud unit that was obviously not working. So much for your advertised warranty etc. Okay so I have figured that I wasted my money doing business with you and you are not a man of honor and that I may as well toss this piece of junk.... So be it.

Now let me tell you what I am about to do. I will be letting everyone know on every camping website that I belong to not to purchase this brand from you specifically and to definitely not purchase a Marey product as they do not support nor honor a warranty. I also think that you have deliberately not communicated with me of late so that my Ebay buyers protection would expire (which it did) Well, for a couple of hundred bucks and lack of decent business practice you both will get very negative reviews. One nice thing about the internet is that a search engine can be pointed to a specific name. So enjoy your name in lights.

James Ellis

--
M.D.Brant
Go Tankless Today!
Last edited by UtilConversion on Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
UtilConversion
Teardrop Inspector

Postby David_L6 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:21 pm

Thanks for that tip! You may have just saved me some grief as I was looking at one he has listed now.
David_L6
Donating Member

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions