Introducing my 7-14 v nose conversion built 7 yrs ago.

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: Introducing my 7-14 v nose conversion 3 yrs ago.

Postby tnriverluver » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:20 pm

I will post some more on this build later but just wanted to say THANKS to the many posters on this board for giving me many of the ideas used in my build. I could have bought a used much larger and more comfortable toyhauler for what this build cost me, however I would not have had exactly what I wanted nor the dependabilty I have had with this rig!!!!! Hope this post inspires someone else and gives them some ideas of how to build one of these.
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :beer: :wine:

One other thing, This trailer still works well as a cargo trailer also. I have used it to move both of my children's furniture and belongings as well as new windows, building materials, etc for my own home.
tnriverluver
Teardrop Master

Postby kg4fku » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:20 am

thanks for the pictures of the bikes.

In the bathroom, what is the round vent for above the towel rack and to the left of the 110V outlet?

Oh, how about some of the 69 firebird?

Chuck
kg4fku
Teardrop Inspector

Postby tnriverluver » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:06 am

This trailer has side vents in the upper left and lower right corner for venting fumes from the factory. They are also there to help prevent sway when passing big rigs and such. I have them blocked off now internally because they also allow insects in :thumbdown:
tnriverluver
Teardrop Master

Postby accrete » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:28 pm

tnriverluver wrote:This trailer has side vents. . . I have them blocked off now internally because they also allow insects in :thumbdown:

Obvious question but i've got to ask. . . my wife and i've placed no-see-um netting over our fantastic fan vent and the passenger side window in the van to keep the pests out, do you think there is a way to do the same to the vents? (i ask as i'm thinking of including the _Salem_ vents in our CTC build).

Thom
Greetings from the WET! Coast of Oregon USA
bio & domain
2010 Chevy Express 1500 AWD Light-Overland-Vehicle build thread
Parkliner 15 ft fiberglass trailer build thread (sold fall of 2015)
accrete
Silver Donating Member

Postby tnriverluver » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:53 pm

I could easily put a piece of screen in there, but with the bathroom vent, roof A/C, and windows with screens, I just decided not to use them. They are not the type that can be closed and opened, so you also lose some cold or heat. You can see the vent scoop here in this picture. The other is reversed on the lower back corner on the other side. Most all factory toyhaulers have a similar vent system for the garage part. Also in 2010 before I finally blocked them off, I made the mistake of taking a so called back route to the Buffalo Chip Campground in Sturgis SD which turned out to be 30 miles of gravel road!!!!!! When we got to our campsite and opened the door to start unloading the 1/2 inch layer of dust on everything from those vents was not a good start to our trip. Lots of cleaning needed to say the least. When we got back home I had to vacuum every square inch from ceiling to floor :x
Attachments
vent.jpg
vent.jpg (147.85 KiB) Viewed 3639 times
tnriverluver
Teardrop Master

Postby A Plus MM » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:40 pm

I like the concept of providing extra insulation and sound deadening with the carpet. It looks great too!
A Plus MM
Teardrop Builder

Postby tnriverluver » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:03 pm

I don't know that the carpet helps that well with insulating but it definitely helps with sound deadening. Many of the places I go are a very loud party all night long plus revving Harleys. I usually sleep like a baby. Alcohol helps a little also :lol:
tnriverluver
Teardrop Master

Postby tnriverluver » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:02 pm

Just a few pics of the trailer in action. These were all camping-fishing trips.
Attachments
pin.jpg
pin.jpg (125.63 KiB) Viewed 3590 times
reelcamp.jpg
reelcamp.jpg (113.05 KiB) Viewed 3590 times
pick.jpg
pick.jpg (111.68 KiB) Viewed 3590 times
tnriverluver
Teardrop Master

Postby flboy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:15 pm

Nice work and thanks for sharing! I really like it. :thumbsup:

I built a 7x14 Vnose tandem axle for the same reasons (thread in this forum also). It took me two years do working on it when I can. I still have to add a front counter top... Maybe I will have time over the holidays. . Great size and can pull with any half ton. I did much of the same except I have an outside shower since most campgrounds have them and if not, it is ussually really a remote place and the outside shower works well.

Usually just me and my dirt bike going to dualsport rides. My son is moving to Texas next year, so I can see pulling out there to ride too.
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Kankujoe » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:42 am

tnriverluver wrote:Purchased this screen door for the ramp. Works good but seldom use it due to outside temps or if I am at a rally it is so dusty I don't like to leave the trailer open. The size wasn't perfect for this size trailer but it is workable. It mounts with velcro and magnets.

Great build job! Thanks for posting.

Where did you buy the ramp screen door?
Joe

Ad-ven-ture: 1. an undertaking involving risk, unforeseeable danger, or unexpected excitement. 2. an exciting or remarkable experience. Trav-el-er: 1. one who seeks to experience their world. 2. one who seeks to be immersed in other cultures.
Kankujoe
Adventure Traveler

Postby tnriverluver » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:13 pm

Kankujoe wrote:
tnriverluver wrote:Purchased this screen door for the ramp. Works good but seldom use it due to outside temps or if I am at a rally it is so dusty I don't like to leave the trailer open. The size wasn't perfect for this size trailer but it is workable. It mounts with velcro and magnets.

Great build job! Thanks for posting.

Where did you buy the ramp screen door?

I bought it from SportsmansGuide.com It is not a perfect fit for a cargo trailer but I am able to make it work OK. Had to do a little modification to make it work with the ramp cables also.
tnriverluver
Teardrop Master

Postby Dirtclod » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:34 pm

Long Time Lurker, 2nd time poster here.

I couldnt just look on in silence .. YOU NAILED IT!!!

This is EXACTLY the same setup I have been dreaming up for the last 3 months lurking here, from the outside color, to the carpeted walls, to the general layout.

I just picked up my 7X16 Vnose last week in you guessed it ...Charcoal Gray. I have been buying up a few pieces here and there to build a toy hauler a lot like yours.

So please forgive me if I steal almost every idea and color scheme that you have in yours. :worship:

Couple questions though is where did you get the ceiling fleece material?

Which WFCO distribution panel is that and have you had any problems with it?

TN river huh? You live in Tn? I am just outside of Memphis and spend quite a bit of time up around Pickwick lake.

AGAIN THREE BIG THUMBS UP ON YOUR BUILD. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Stay tuned to see its "Twin" being built. I will be starting my own build thread once I aquire enough stuff to really get started.
Dirtclod
Teardrop Master

Postby bc toys » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:06 am

Well I have to give it to you thats a great build. :thumbsup: I have a 7x14 that I have built its not nearly as nice as yours but I love it. :lol: :lol: Going to have to change the bed some time and make fold up beds. I will be hauling ATV ranger I do off road fire and rescue races and sand drags. We love to camp in it as well. :ilovecamp: Well go out and enjoy your trailer. :vroom: :beer: :beer:
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby tnriverluver » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:19 pm

Dirtclod wrote:Long Time Lurker, 2nd time poster here.

I couldnt just look on in silence .. YOU NAILED IT!!!

This is EXACTLY the same setup I have been dreaming up for the last 3 months lurking here, from the outside color, to the carpeted walls, to the general layout.

I just picked up my 7X16 Vnose last week in you guessed it ...Charcoal Gray. I have been buying up a few pieces here and there to build a toy hauler a lot like yours.

So please forgive me if I steal almost every idea and color scheme that you have in yours. :worship:

Couple questions though is where did you get the ceiling fleece material?

Which WFCO distribution panel is that and have you had any problems with it?

TN river huh? You live in Tn? I am just outside of Memphis and spend quite a bit of time up around Pickwick lake.

AGAIN THREE BIG THUMBS UP ON YOUR BUILD. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Stay tuned to see its "Twin" being built. I will be starting my own build thread once I aquire enough stuff to really get started.

The fleece was simply bought at a fabric shop. That is also fleece on the cabinets. The walls are carpet. 3M77 has done a very good job of holding everything together so far. That is the 45watt model and so far (5yrs) it has worked perfectly. They have a great warranty though as far as replacing them when they go bad. The bottom camping pic above is at Pickwick below the dam :D Yes I live 80miles east of Memfrica up 1-40 :( I call our city little Memfrica.
Last edited by tnriverluver on Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tnriverluver
Teardrop Master

Postby gregert12 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:15 pm

how are the fumes coming from the ecco temp water heater?
gregert12
Teardrop Builder

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions