Introducing my 7-14 v nose conversion built 7 yrs ago.

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: Introducing my 7-14 v nose conversion 3 yrs ago.

Postby tnriverluver » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:53 pm

gregert12 wrote:how are the fumes coming from the ecco temp water heater?

Pretty much nonexistant since I take Navy style showers. Wet down, soap up, rinse off. I turn on the vent fan in the bathroom just in case but my CO ditector has never gone off from it. The heater is only on when the water is actually running,
Last edited by tnriverluver on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tnriverluver
Teardrop Master

Postby hankaye » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:41 pm

tnriverluver, Howdy;

Timely that you posted all of this and here I come ...
Thought process started with a 6X12, migrated to a 7X12
and then just before I found your post was talking to the salsman
and he mentioned the lightweight 7X14 that Kool Trailers has in
their ST line-up.
As it's only me and Rascal (border collie and champeen fur dispersal unit),
I'm now torn with a heap of indecision ..... :thinking: which one, what
to do ... :thinking: ...h-mmm. Crap! Thought I had this figured out .... :NC

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby tnriverluver » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:48 pm

When it comes to towing, fuel mileage, etc, going bigger will not be very noticeable. I would love to have had 2 extra feet in length on mine because my life would have been much easier trying to get everything to fit right. I just got very lucky on this trailer and couldn't turn down a deal this good on what was a 1 y/o trailer at the time for less than 1/2 the price of a new one. :D
tnriverluver
Teardrop Master

Postby roadinspector » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:36 pm

tnriverluver wrote:When it comes to towing, fuel mileage, etc, going bigger will not be very noticeable. I would love to have had 2 extra feet in length on mine because my life would have been much easier trying to get everything to fit right. I just got very lucky on this trailer and couldn't turn down a deal this good on what was a 1 y/o trailer at the time for less than 1/2 the price of a new one. :D

tnriverluver,

Agree, the major changes in mileage is noticed in height. The taller it is, the more drag.

1/2 price is a good swap for 2 feet!! :money: You can do a lot with the extra $$$$!! I was definitely willing to down size for the $. I never figured I'd find the right trailer for the right price. A blind hog finds a acorn every once on a while.

Earnest
Dadgum it! I cut that board 5 times and it's still too short!
2001 quad-cab Dodge Cummins 3/4 ton camper special, 16x7x7 CT work in progress toyhauler, 01 HD Ultra Classic, 98 HD Heritage Softail, 88 HD 1200 Sportster. viewtopic.php?f=42&t=51510
roadinspector
500 Club

Postby tnriverluver » Sun May 19, 2013 8:32 pm

Finally got a little break in the weather for the first time since last Sept to get the camper out and go do a little fishing also. Poured rain the first day but cleared up and was nice Sat. and this morning
Attachments
camp3.jpg
camp3.jpg (74.69 KiB) Viewed 2931 times
camp2.jpg
camp2.jpg (71.4 KiB) Viewed 2931 times
camp1.jpg
camp1.jpg (92.85 KiB) Viewed 2931 times
tnriverluver
Teardrop Master

Postby tnriverluver » Sun May 19, 2013 8:37 pm

And a little video of some of the fishing action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwJonlCbW_A 8)
Attachments
camphappy.jpg
camphappy.jpg (73.07 KiB) Viewed 2963 times
camp4.jpg
camp4.jpg (105.05 KiB) Viewed 2965 times
tnriverluver
Teardrop Master

Postby tnriverluver » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:11 pm

jack2.jpg
Interior shot through the ceiling
jack2.jpg (79.54 KiB) Viewed 2779 times
After a few years of spotty TV reception at best using a Winegard Hideaway antenna mounted on the front of my trailer, I decided it was time for an upgrade! After reading many reviews I decided to go with the new amplified Jack antenna. No worries of having to raise or lower it were one of the strong deciding factors along with the mostly great reviews. Putting another 2 1/4 inch hole in my roof is never an easy decision but I finally forced myself into it.
Attachments
jack1.jpg
jack1.jpg (77.49 KiB) Viewed 2779 times
Last edited by tnriverluver on Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tnriverluver
Teardrop Master

Postby tnriverluver » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:19 pm

After figuring out how to run the cable internally though the ceiling to the antenna instead of externally which these antennas are designed for, I started mounting the actual antenna by carefully centering the directional control in the hole and attaching the cable to the antenna along with running the wire that supplies power to the amplifier through the notch shown here in the first picture.
Attachments
jack3.jpg
jack3.jpg (82.26 KiB) Viewed 2780 times
jack4.jpg
jack4.jpg (73.83 KiB) Viewed 2780 times
tnriverluver
Teardrop Master

Postby tnriverluver » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:27 pm

Next I mounted the interior base and the directional control knob for the antenna. The signal strength wire now attaches to this base.
Attachments
jack5.jpg
jack5.jpg (68.57 KiB) Viewed 2779 times
jack7.jpg
This is the distribution panel. 12 volt power is supplied to it and is sent though the cable to power up the antenna and signal meter. It has connections on the back for a second TV and cable input also. The small black button to the left of the cable outlet turns on and off the antenna amplifier.
jack7.jpg (81.58 KiB) Viewed 2779 times
Last edited by tnriverluver on Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tnriverluver
Teardrop Master

Postby tnriverluver » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:32 pm

Finally after about an hour or so I had everything powered up and working. After scanning for channels I was now getting 8 channels here locally whereas I only had 4 with the old antenna. Only a few camping trips will tell whether this was a good upgrade or not but I feel I won't be too disappointed with this. I winterized the trailer last weekend but will hopefully get a few more trips in this winter since we almost always have some warm spells even in Jan and Feb. I have managed to get in 23 camping weekends so far this year.
Attachments
jack6.jpg
The small black switch on the side of the meter will turn off the lights when you don't want them on while the unit itself is still powered up and functioning.
jack6.jpg (69.32 KiB) Viewed 2778 times
jack8.jpg
jack8.jpg (53.8 KiB) Viewed 2778 times
tnriverluver
Teardrop Master

Re: Introducing my 7-14 v nose conversion built 5 yrs ago.

Postby Godzirra12 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:46 pm

Great build! Im in tn, not the desireable part, :D ....I am starting my conversion and would like to ask you a few questions regarding your bed set up. How much weight would you guess your bed can hold? 500lbs? less, more? Would you feel comfortable with 2 adults and 2 children lying on it? Also, is the piano hinge the only thing holding the back side to the wall? Thank you for any help.
Godzirra12
Teardrop Inspector

Postby tnriverluver » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:55 pm

Godzirra12 wrote:Great build! Im in tn, not the desireable part, :D ....I am starting my conversion and would like to ask you a few questions regarding your bed set up. How much weight would you guess your bed can hold? 500lbs? less, more? Would you feel comfortable with 2 adults and 2 children lying on it? Also, is the piano hinge the only thing holding the back side to the wall? Thank you for any help.

I have had in excess of 900 lbs on the bed when it is set up as a large dinette (it will seat 8 adults). The Piano hinge is all that is attached to the wall, but I put screws every second or third hole so it has way more strength than is needed. Most screws went into the 3/8 plywood but some actually go into the trailer frame also. The bed frames themselves are overbuilt as well in my opinion and are very heavy but I was concerned about them warping otherwise. I am not in the desireable part of this state either. Jackson has had twelve shootings is the last twelve days :x
tnriverluver
Teardrop Master

Postby tnriverluver » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:09 pm

One thing that is not pictured in this thread is the fact that 2 tabletops make the center of the bed. I built one large one and a smaller one to finish filling in the center. The big one is stored on the back of the bathroom wall in slides of shorts that I built for it. The smaller one fits into another slide in the side wall and fits snug against the bathroom wall. Hard to explain but they have their on fitted storage and are completely out of the way when traveling and hauling motorcycles or boat or whatever.
tnriverluver
Teardrop Master

Postby wtcreaux » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:05 pm

TN River,

How did you attach your spare tire?? I'm trying to figure out mine and yours looks good. Does any of the hardware interfere with loading the ramp??

Thanks
wtcreaux
Teardrop Master

Postby tnriverluver » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:58 pm

wtcreaux wrote:TN River,

How did you attach your spare tire?? I'm trying to figure out mine and yours looks good. Does any of the hardware interfere with loading the ramp??

Thanks

Carriage bolts though the door. And no nothing is in the way inside or out. Never had any issue opening door fully because of terrain either. It is placed low enough not to cause any issue with the spring assist closure not working well either just because of the leverage.
tnriverluver
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions