Introducing my 7-14 v nose conversion built 7 yrs ago.

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: Introducing my 7-14 v nose conversion built 5 yrs ago.

Postby wtcreaux » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:46 pm

So, carriage bolts holding a tire mount then the tire OR using the carriage bolts to directly bolt wheel to wall??
wtcreaux
Teardrop Master

Postby tnriverluver » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:18 pm

wtcreaux wrote:So, carriage bolts holding a tire mount then the tire OR using the carriage bolts to directly bolt wheel to wall??

The bolts are holding the tire mount that was originally on the inside wall of the trailer. It is just a flat piece of steel with a couple of bolts welded to it like studs.
tnriverluver
Teardrop Master

Postby EddiePA78 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:13 pm

I really like that carpet on the walls :thumbsup: Going to probably do that in mine. Gives it a more warm feel.
EddiePA78
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Wi urban camo » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:53 pm

tnriverluver

Could you post some pics of your spare tire mount (Can't see a good angle on pg1 of the tire mount). I'm trying to figure out how to mount mine on my cargo trailer. I would like to mount it on the back ramp door. Any suggestions?
Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try. Dr. Seuss!
Wi urban camo
Teardrop Builder

Location: Somewhere between fields of corn and Metropolis - Wisconsin

Postby tnriverluver » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:24 pm

tire mount.jpeg
tire mount.jpeg (29.71 KiB) Viewed 2726 times
Ask and ye shall receive
Just through bolted this through the door using a couple of the holes already drilled as templet for drilling through the door. Carriage bolts with the round head on the interior of the ramp door along with a couple of large washers and trim them to length if needed with a saw or cutoff wheel. That simple. This is the mount most trailer manufacturers use to mount the spare on the wall inside the trailer.
tnriverluver
Teardrop Master

Postby Wi urban camo » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:44 am

tnriverluver

Thanks for the pics and info. This spring when the temperature in not -17, I can plan on making this mount or find something very similar. There is no room on the v-nose, no room for the tire inside, and don't want to mount the tire under the trailer. My only option is to store it in the back of my truck or mount it to the ramp door.
Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try. Dr. Seuss!
Wi urban camo
Teardrop Builder

Location: Somewhere between fields of corn and Metropolis - Wisconsin

Postby tnriverluver » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:44 pm

Wi urban camo wrote:tnriverluver

Thanks for the pics and info. This spring when the temperature in not -17, I can plan on making this mount or find something very similar. There is no room on the v-nose, no room for the tire inside, and don't want to mount the tire under the trailer. My only option is to store it in the back of my truck or mount it to the ramp door.

Exact reasons mine was mounted on the back of the ramp door. Several factory toyhaulers are this way which is where I got the idea from. Mine was mounted up on the inside wall originally by Interstate.
tnriverluver
Teardrop Master

Postby tnriverluver » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:01 pm

My new hobby besides camping and fishing. Videoing using Quadcopter Drones. This may finish off what little was left in the bank account :frightened:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqhOWvNbsCA
tnriverluver
Teardrop Master

Postby tnriverluver » Sun May 04, 2014 10:05 pm

Just a quick update on the Jack Amplified antenna I installed last Fall and never got to really test. After several camping trips to a campground where I have never even been able to pick up the local station within 30 miles, this antenna is picking up 7 channels crystal clear with absolutely no break up or freezing pictures. I am very pleased with this decision and highly recommend one of these to anyone in need. Would also work great for home use.
tnriverluver
Teardrop Master

Postby JWG » Thu May 22, 2014 1:59 pm

Very nice, love the layout. I'm getting ready to convert my 7x16 and your post has a wealth of information. Thank you for sharing.
:applause:
JWG
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Introducing my 7-14 v nose conversion built 6 yrs ago.

Postby MyYota85 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:58 am

Thank u a ton for taking the time and posting these awesome build ideas/pics.
You TNRIVER have changed my entire build plan.
I will be picking up a 7x18 v in just a few weeks. My two questions how is the frp in the shower doing? and the potty have u ever had any clogs with the updated pipe system u made?
and thanks to the creator of this great website/forum!!
MyYota85
Teardrop Builder

Postby tnriverluver » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:31 pm

MyYota85 wrote:Thank u a ton for taking the time and posting these awesome build ideas/pics.
You TNRIVER have changed my entire build plan.
I will be picking up a 7x18 v in just a few weeks. My two questions how is the frp in the shower doing? and the potty have u ever had any clogs with the updated pipe system u made?
and thanks to the creator of this great website/forum!!

As far as the shower and everything else in the trailer it all still works like new without a single issue of any kind. I don't understand your toilet question as it is a standard porta pottie. The piping underneath is the housing for the fresh water pump and hoses that feed the shower and the sink as well as the fill spout for the fresh water tank.
tnriverluver
Teardrop Master

Postby MyYota85 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:52 pm

Sorry about that I got u confused with another build, someone was tired of emptying the potty and plumbed it for "easy cleaning" . Thanks again and sweet build!!
MyYota85
Teardrop Builder

Postby Getting away with it » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:28 pm

:thinking: On the water tank mounts, how is the all-thread secured on top? All i can picture is an exposed nub of thread with a nut and washer, but that would be an issue? :thinking:
illegitimi non carborundum
Getting away with it
Teardrop Inspector

Postby tnriverluver » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:31 pm

Getting away with it wrote::thinking: On the water tank mounts, how is the all-thread secured on top? All i can picture is an exposed nub of thread with a nut and washer, but that would be an issue? :thinking:

Actually it is a very long carriage bolt. Nothing but a smooth round head in the interior floor.
tnriverluver
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions