7x12 Vnose ProLine Conversion

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

7x12 Vnose ProLine Conversion

Postby GMOTH22 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:10 pm

My daughter and I built this ProLine conversion last year, during the pandemic. She was finishing college, and as an environmental science major, wilderness first responder, ski instructor/ski bum and general new millenium hippie, I knew that there was no way she would ever have an office job. I wanted to help set her up so that she could easily travel and follow the seasons and kinds of jobs that would appeal to her, and give her the flexibility to not have to find a place to live or be tied down to a lease.

We researched vans but realized that a van acquisition and conversion would quickly outstrip our budget. During the research we stumbled across this site and realized this was the way to go. I had some previous experience with cargo trailers for toy storage and hauling so I knew a cargo trailer was the best choice. Living in New England, I knew about ProLine. We ordered a new 7x12 V nose last May (2020) and took delivery 4 weeks later. I had ProLine install 3 windows, the contractor roof, barn doors, plywood interior - delete (since we would be insulating). We started our build in July with no set plan for completion other than "before winter."

With me working full time remotely and my daughter finishing her last semester at school remotely, it took us about 7-8 months to complete the build. During this time, my daughter and her boyfriend landed jobs as back country guides in Alaska, so we had to step it up and get the trailer finished to leave them enough time to drive across country and get some skiing in, (in CO, UT, MT UT) on the way out!

Some of the key features in our build include:
- 2" of polyiso foam in the walls and under the floor, and 3" of polyiso in the ceiling. This gives them R-14 floors and walls and R-21 in the ceiling for those cold ski area parking lots!
- Dickinson Newport P9000 Propane fireplace.
- MaxxAir roof vent/fan
- Lewmar Marine roof hatches for additional light and ventilation
- (2) Renogy 100 Watt Solar Panels on the roof
- Renogy battery monitor
- Victron MPPT solar controller
- Xantrex 2000W / 60A inverter-charger and shore power hook up
- 270 Ah battery bank
- BlueSeas DC and AC panels, USB 12V charge ports, battery switches
- LED 12 volt lighting throughout
- 3 15A AC circuits for plugging in laptops etc running off the inverter and a BlueSeas AC panel
- Dometic Stove/oven (propane)
- Dometic CFX 12 volt fridge
- AirHead composting toilet
- 40 gallons of water in two tanks with Whale gusher foot pumps in the galley and the head.
- Gray water management is via 6 gallon jerry jugs.

The overall aesthetic is rustic/cabin style with lots of pine / heart pine etc. We had a blast doing this build; it was truly a priceless bonding experience.

They left for Alaska in February and spent about 7 weeks ski bumming their way across country and got to Alaska in April to start their jobs. They have been boondocking living in the trailer the whole time and have not needed their generator at all while in Alaska. It is daylight out there for at least 18 hours a day and the solar panels are more than up to the task.

I have hundreds of pictures of the build so only including the highlights here. I appreciate all of the posts in this forum, that gave us various ideas so I hope my post here will inspire others. Happy to answer any questions or share additional pictures.
Attachments
IMG_6962.jpg
IMG_6962.jpg (588.18 KiB) Viewed 609 times
IMG_6961.jpg
IMG_6961.jpg (811.69 KiB) Viewed 609 times
IMG_6964.jpg
IMG_6964.jpg (795.12 KiB) Viewed 609 times
GMOTH22
Teardrop Inspector

Re: 7x12 Vnose ProLine Conversion

Postby aggie79 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:58 am

That is a beautiful build! Very well done. :applause: :thumbsup: :applause:
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Re: 7x12 Vnose ProLine Conversion

Postby onehoser » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:10 am

excellent work! :thumbsup:
I am the wisest man alive, for i know one thing, and that is that i know nothing. (socrates)
onehoser
The 300 Club

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions