Who's camping this Halloween weekend?

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Who's camping this Halloween weekend?

Postby Karebru » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:21 pm

Are you on the road, or heading out?
As someone who decided decades ago that I wasn't going to grow up, Halloween runs a close second only to Christmas.
Reservations are getting hard to find as we head in to snowbird season here in FL, but we managed to book three nights at Highlands Hammock SP for our third consecutive visit. We'll also be getting our first real fall weather, with highs around 80 and lows in the upper 50s.
According to their website, the park is currently being haunted by a "nuisance bear." (Black)
Boo! :roll:
I'm not going outside until the temperature is above my age.
Karebru
The 300 Club

Re: Who's camping this Halloween weekend?

Postby flboy » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:01 am

Sounds like you will be having a good time. I am also camping this weekend. Weather has cooled down here too. I am in South Carolina along the Savanah River until Sunday, then a Georgia State Park along the coast until Wednesday. Took the 7x18 CTC this time.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Modstock » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:13 am

Going fishing for the day.

Sent from my SM-A115AP using Tapatalk
Modstock
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby nsfr1206 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:09 am

I went to a jobsite with my folks rv and stayed in it Sunday night. I found that the heater worked but may have been the first time it was used. I also found that the smoke alarm worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nsfr1206
Teardrop Master

Postby hankaye » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:56 am

nsfr1206, Howdy;

nsfr1206 wrote:I went to a jobsite with my folks rv and stayed in it Sunday night. I found that the heater worked but may have been the first time it was used. I also found that the smoke alarm worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, that happens often when first used :lol: and maybe the second or third times as well.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Karebru » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:48 pm

Yep. The Annual Burn-Off. Pick a nice day to open the windows and blast the heater for a while. Good time to do a self-clean on the oven while you're at it.

Our weekend was great. Beautiful weather! The park was packed and on Saturday night it looked like a carnival! Every imaginable Halloween decoration. and then some. Including the 12 ft. inflatable Frankenstein from Lowes. That guy must have bought everything that both his local Lowes AND Home Depot had. He even had a fog machine.
I only brought one Jack-O-Lantern. But I'll know better next year.
Just after sunset, a huge swarm of trick-or-treaters swept through the park, then magically disappeared into their tents and campers.
At least we knew to bring some candy.
Karebru
The 300 Club

Postby Reubal » Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:24 pm

I decided to stay away this year. Last year I went camping Halloween weekend, and that Friday night, about 1am, a group of young-20s showed up at the campground and blasted music and shouted and sang by the fire all night. The next day we headed out hiking and to lunch, then back to the campsite to relax about 1pm. Opened a beer, started to relax, and heard (for some reason they were all still shouting) one of the guys tell the other guy to call and make sure the rest of the group was going to make it in time for their Halloween party that night.

I dumped the rest of my beer, packed up, and hit the road with 3 more days already booked at the site. I don't mind people having fun, but I do mind not being able to relax or sleep.
Reubal
Teardrop Builder

Postby featherliteCT1 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:15 pm

Reubal wrote:...and heard (for some reason they were all still shouting) one of the guys tell the other guy to call and make sure the rest of the group was going to make it in time for their Halloween party that night..

LOL!!! :x
featherliteCT1
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Karebru » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:21 pm

I guess we got lucky, or picked a well managed park. It was all civilized adults and young families.
The only commotion we heard was one VERY miserable little one, carrying on in the camper next to us for an hour or so after tricks or treats.
They were all closed up with the AC on, so it wasn't that bad.
Probably too much candy.
Poor kid. :( ... Poor parents. :roll:
Karebru
The 300 Club

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions