6x12 CTC Toy Hauler from Mobile AL

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

6x12 CTC Toy Hauler from Mobile AL

Postby Weavejo1 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:19 pm

Starting a new 6x12 CTC Toy Hauler build in Mobile, AL. I'll introduce myself here in the CTC group.

I've been creeping around the CTC forum for a few days now and I am impressed by all great information everyone has posted, what a great resource.

Honestly, I didn’t even know that CTC’s were a thing. I have a small trailer that was originally bought for our family business, AR Workshop Mobile, we used it for attending local markets going to events in the past but are not doing that so much now. I ride a Harley Road Glide Ultra CVO and have used the trailer to transport the bike a few times which it does nicely. I have camped from a motorcycle for many years and have ridden Coast-to-Coast twice, so I have lots of camping gear, most of which is very small and light “backpack” type camping gear. I started thinking I could use the trailer to pull the bike to a destination, ride the area and then use the trailer as a “hard-sided tent” with an air mattress. I then thought maybe I could rig up one of my small backup/hurricane 5000 BTU AC’s in the trailer. So as usual I go to YouTube, let’s see what ideas are out there. WOW! Don’sDoItYourself, UpNorthFunStuff and many others led me to this forum.

My trailer is a 6x12 V-Nose, single axel, unfortunately it’s just a tad over 6’ high inside, but I’m 5’11’ and can stand upright. Had I known the trailer was destined to become a CTC I would have looked for at least 6” taller, maybe a foot wider and definitely an extended tongue. But it’s what I have and I’m going with it. Pictures attached. We designed, cut, and applied all the graphics. I’m gonna leave them on for now as we may need it for a show and it’s rolling advertisement.

Originally I just wanted an air conditioned hard-sided tent, but now after seeing all these great CTC’s I want more haha! I pretty much plan to plagiarize with pride from KirkUpNorth and the Mrs. aka (UpNorthFunStuff - YouTube). Their layout and design fit’s my needs almost perfectly.

I’ll continue this thread in Cargo Trailer Conversions and post pictures as I move along with my build this winter! :pictures:

Weavejo1
Teardrop Inspector

Re: 6x12 CTC Toy Hauler from Mobile AL

Postby flboy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:25 pm

Welcome to TnTTT. Look forward to seeing your build progress. This is great place for any help you may need and to bounce ideas.

Regards,
Don

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Weavejo1 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:16 pm

Thanks! I’m sure I will have plenty of questions. I’ve watched almost all of your YouTube videos, lot of good stuff there. I wondered if you’re hauling the Victory or just the dirt bikes? Space for a full size bagger will be important for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Weavejo1
Teardrop Inspector

Postby flboy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:40 pm

I can put in the Victory, but almost too tight. I designed it more for the dirtbikes.

I'd have a different layout if the Victory was a priority. It fits best in my 7x18 CTC.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby nsfr1206 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:44 pm

Welcome from about halfway up the great state of Alabama!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nsfr1206
Teardrop Master

Postby Gulfcoast » Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:37 pm

Welcome from central Alabama
6x12 cargo trailer - Mini Split A/C - Starlink - TMobile home internet
Gulfcoast
Teardrop Master

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions