Why yes I am insane and have papers to prove it

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Why yes I am insane and have papers to prove it

Postby Wrecit » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:44 pm

I have a 6x12 trailer I am converting to an RV. The insane part you ask... It's a 1985 Hallmark steel trailer lol

I already removed the rear and am welding 1 1/2 square steel frame to have a 3 ft by 57 inch wide drop door to slide a full mattress out. Going to custom fabricate kitchen cabinets (16 inch deep) in the front and all counter top and floor will be "Matching" pho marble using stone coat counter top epoxy.

Already have the FRP that I will be reskining the trailer with. (36 year old aluminum siding looks like hell) the frp is 4x8 sheets and I will be using Bondo on the seams

I plan to do the electric as a hybrid 12v system that will run off of solar with a battery charger system that will run off of a small gas generator if the sun goes fail me

Budget goal is $5000 max.
You hide your conversion and call it stealth. I put mine out in the open and give it a beer.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=74635
Wrecit
Teardrop Master

Re: Why yes I am insane and have papers to prove it

Postby friz » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:07 pm

Welcome to the nut house!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

Postby pchast » Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:46 pm

Welcome! :D

I'm interested to see your work....
Remember your weight budget is as
important as the money there to spend.
Consider all materials and the real need.
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Wrecit » Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:09 pm

Am dealing with a new operation (third one) to repair a torn bicep tendon so work is at a dead stop right now and due to weather not much got done prior to operation but here's some rough footage videos I took. One video is kind of a before tour of my 38 year old trailer. The other one shows some of the support I have welded into the rear for the full bed "pop out"

https://youtu.be/xvLoJ-etL84
https://youtu.be/VvCKirwPrVk
You hide your conversion and call it stealth. I put mine out in the open and give it a beer.

Wrecit
Teardrop Master

Postby Wrecit » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:14 pm

Ok due to my arm and weather have not done anything. That all changes in the 16th. Just ordered the piano hinge for the rear bed hatch and the new tongue jack off etrailer.

I also have bought a 10x17 temp garage from harbor freight so that I can hopefully stay out of the weather. Next purchase will be the rest of the steel to complete repairs to rear bumper, frame out the bed hatch, and frame the 2 windows (4 ft wide 2 ft high means I can't call it stealth lol)

Need to take the man door off to rebuild it. Just need to convince my wife and daughter they need to help me lol.

Wrecit
Teardrop Master

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions