Trailer dolly

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Trailer dolly

Postby Wrecit » Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:50 pm

One item I have always wanted but could not justify dropping the money on is a hitch dolly. Since I am reframing the rear of my conversion I had some extra square tube left over so a quick trip to harbor freight for some 10 inch tires and now I can just about move the world lol

Need to clean it up and paint it but it works great

https://photos.app.goo.gl/J9Hf3tJAJewBckQM7
You hide your conversion and call it stealth. I put mine out in the open and give it a beer.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=74635
Wrecit
Teardrop Master

Re: Trailer dolly

Postby hankaye » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:56 am

Wrecit, Howdy;

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Grummy » Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:25 pm

Nice !

I didn't have a matching pair of tires laying around so I've got an Amazon cheapy. Tires must have been made out of rubber screen material. Couldn't ever keep air in them. Added some Amazon tubes. They too must be made out of screen, but finer as I can get a week out of them before they go flat. Imported garbage.

My DREAM trailer dolly has a RATCHET system on the wheels. Similar to an old hand car, I could pump up and down to cause the tires to do the pushing rather than me (ya, it would be more complicated than that to get fwd and rev). Such a thing would help immensely moving my 2990lb single on my gravel drive.

Just another invention of mine that I am now to old to realize......
Grummy
Teardrop Master

Postby Wrecit » Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:08 pm

A friend on another board used an old snow blower that will drag his 24ft trailer up a 15% grade
You hide your conversion and call it stealth. I put mine out in the open and give it a beer.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=74635
Wrecit
Teardrop Master

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions