Walter, the 7x14 CTC toy hauler/camper

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: Walter, the 7x14 CTC toy hauler/camper

Postby hankaye » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:31 am

undercrust, Howdy;

Hope your Holiday was a pleasant one.

May I suggest that you speak to some folks at various RV repair shops/dealerships
to see where they might be sourcing things like the windows.

Have a fun New Year and scavenger hunt for the items on your build list.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby onehoser » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:34 pm

undercrust wrote:Would love to know where people are finding these louvred windows (doubly so if anyone can recommend a source that's in Canada). They look like they'd be fantastic if you're out in the weather, but you still want to get some fresh air!

they’re known as hehr torque windows. you can also salvage them from campers, the seals dry out but can be replaced with new seals
I am the wisest man alive, for i know one thing, and that is that i know nothing. (socrates)
onehoser
The 300 Club

Postby Mr. Lahey » Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:05 am

undercrust wrote:Would love to know where people are finding these louvred windows (doubly so if anyone can recommend a source that's in Canada). They look like they'd be fantastic if you're out in the weather, but you still want to get some fresh air!

I purchased the windows a couple years back. Ordered them from Home Depot. Only place I could find them. They are residential units. They are made with safety glass. Last time I checked they had been discontinued.
My teardrop camper build journal: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=64721
Mr. Lahey
The 300 Club

Postby Modstock » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:12 am

Look up mobile home windows. Usually brings up the home depot units.

Sent from my SM-A115AP using Tapatalk
Modstock
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby vladislaoapp » Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:25 am

Yes, trailers with lifting platforms are a cool thing to save space in the trailer. It really helps to feel comfortable traveling together. So you can afford a double bed. I'm also currently considering options for new teardrops. This year I will be traveling with my partner. We really need something very convenient. By the way, I want a shower stall. I liked the trailer for Jay Flight SLX 8 263RBS 2023. I found information about this in an article about the best travel trailers. This trailer weighing 7k pounds, with a pull-out bed, a shower cabin, and a cozy kitchen. That's my teardrop dream.
vladislaoapp
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions