Why would you remove the rear of your enclosed trailer

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Why would you remove the rear of your enclosed trailer

Postby Wrecit » Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:28 am

The simple answer is because you are insane lol

Finally got all the fabrication done and mocked up the rear of my trailer redesign.

The piano hinge is temp screwed into the trailer for placement and the bed door is tacked to the hinge.

Soaking up some AC right now but will be heading out to pull the bed door and do final welding on it shortly.

To explain the "bed door/shelf better, I will be able to push a full size mattress out onto the shelf to allow more interior living space. Eventually it will have a tent attached to the shelf then up the sides and top of the opening to provide weather protection.

I will be adding "loops" to the outside edge of the shelf about 20 inches tall to support the tent which will give about 11 inches of space above the 9inch thick mattress.
You hide your conversion and call it stealth. I put mine out in the open and give it a beer.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=74635
Wrecit
Teardrop Master

Re: Why would you remove the rear of your enclosed trailer

Postby nsfr1206 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:47 pm

This looks like a neat idea! I’d like to see pics as you go along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nsfr1206
Teardrop Master

Re: Why would you remove the rear of your enclosed trailer

Postby Wrecit » Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:39 pm

I keep promising a big update on my build log (link in my signature) was planning on tonight but wife side tracked me with "this must be done now" stuff. Going to quit promising and surprise you guys sometime this week lol.
You hide your conversion and call it stealth. I put mine out in the open and give it a beer.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=74635
Wrecit
Teardrop Master

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions