Georgia - FDR State Park - March 2008

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Georgia - FDR State Park - March 2008

Postby BubbaRHC » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:30 pm

First "official" weekend trip in new TD. Wheels of Fire Bike Event to benefit the fire departments in Harris county near Callaway Gardens. Woke up to snow Saturday morning at 6:30 for the 100 mile bicycle event. Pics were shot as snow first started, but continued four hours. Plans changed to hiking Saturday, and Biking Sunday. First Up Gazebos found on ebay had to be tied down due to severe wind gusts.

Image[/img]
BubbaRHC
Teardrop Builder

Postby Nic » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:17 am

WOW! Now THOSE are some snow flakes. I bet that was fun. How did the Honda handle with the trailer? I think thats my next car.
Im not lazy. I just hang out a lot.
Nic
500 Club

Postby Tear Fan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:42 am

If you're up for a warm trip, we're gonna be at Florence Marina this weekend . . .

Tear Fan
Life is so short, we should all move more slowly. - Thich Nhat Hanh

Photos - http://flickr.com/photos/47726343@N00/
Tear Fan
The 300 Club

Postby clkelley564 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:01 am

Speaking of which, do you know what section you are going to be in?? I'll be getting in pretty late Friday night and just want to see in advance sorta where we'll be.
Carol
MOUSE-KE-T@B
2007 ClamShell #2741
2009 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4.8 V8
http://mouseketab.blogspot.com/ Updated 07/12/2011

http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/album_ ... c_id=13203
clkelley564
Teardrop Master

Postby BubbaRHC » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:27 pm

The snowflakes were huge that morning! Had some accumulation after about 20 minutes, but due to the cold, my camera battery ran out really quick so I could not take more.

The honda element handles great with my TD. I love it because I can remove the back seats, and have room for my two bikes standing up, plus all the bike gear, and usually my clothes bags.

Tear Fan - thanks for the invite, can't this weekend, I am taking the TD today for my next trip to Falls Creek Falls State Park in TN. Leave today at 3, and come back Easter Sunday afternoon. One of these trips, we will be able to connect. Been thinking about Cloudland Canyon in the early summer. That is up your way....

Just signed up for Verizon with a data card for my pc. Going to try to work from the TD Friday using the cell and the internet data card. If all else fails, I will have to drive until I find a WiFi spot on Friday....

PJ
BubbaRHC
Teardrop Builder

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales