Brown County Indiana gathering

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Brown County Indiana gathering

Postby Jst83 » Mon May 19, 2008 4:50 am

Just thought I'd post my pictures here also so that everyone would be able to enjoy the wonderful gathering we had this past weekend.
I'd like to give a big thanks to all that attended, you helped to make this a great gathering :thumbsup:
http://picasaweb.google.com/jscott83/BrownCountyMay08

Scott
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Brown County Blowout

Postby bobhenry » Mon May 19, 2008 3:31 pm

My pics are still in the camera so I stole mine from Scott to tell our tale.

After installing the spare after our blowout we finally cruised in the the Brown County buffalo ridge campgrounds. We knew we were in the right place

Got chubby settled in ( Did I mention the wife has the same nickname )

Old what's her name ambled over to the gossipin' post to visit with the neighbors while I got to set up.

A bit later She did herself proud ! Broiled talapi steamed brocolli with califlower and onions with cheese sauce for our 1st meal.

I'm blocking Scotts view so he won't steal a sample.

Friday night was cool enough we click the small heater on low and was warm and toasty all night as we watched the moon walk across the sky and the stars twinkle. Sorry no picture ya just gotta imagine.

Sat A.M. after mass quantities of B's & g's ( we had to get the neighbors to help finish) we set about building a ladder golf game. We soon decided it was a futile effort someone had picked up 1/2 pvc pipe and 3/4 fittings.
What can I say I was excited it was our 1st real gathering !

Thought you might want to see we were very lucky we were able to get a room with a view!

Saturday after noon Jeff or neighbor on 94 was headed into town so I bummed a ride to Wally world to get another tire for the trip home.

THANK AGAIN JEFF

The pitch in dinner was awsome and we retired to the trailer for a few cold ones and the seclusion of our fire. About midnight we finally went to bed and some time after that the heavens opened up. Mother nature's lazer light show was hypnotic thru the lexan roof. Later when the stars popped out I knew it was over!

Sunday was waffles with our neighbors from Texas on 92 and Jeff on 94.
Then the tear down and head for home tired but happy.

It was a wonderful 1st outing thanks to all .
Last edited by bobhenry on Mon May 19, 2008 4:29 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Jst83 » Mon May 19, 2008 3:52 pm

:duh: I do wish I'd have gotten a picture of the blowout, you sure did a number on the tire.

Scott
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby bobhenry » Mon May 19, 2008 4:37 pm

Jst83 wrote::duh: I do wish I'd have gotten a picture of the blowout, you sure did a number on the tire.

Scott

Your a sick person Scott. :lol:

But so is Vickie she has an action shot of an old fat man changing our tire without a jack. Yep used 2 stabilizer jacks and when I ran out of lift dug a hole under the tire and changed it. Always remember if you cant raise the trailer lower the tire. I wasn't thinking the Wagoneer has real bumpers and a real bumper jack. I was counting on using the car jack in an emergency. All the other vehicles have telescopic jacks.

5 minute job took 37 minutes but a valuable lesson.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby sonar37 » Mon May 19, 2008 8:15 pm

Wow! it looks like everyone had a great time! I hope we can make it down for the next one.

Rob
How is it that one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire? ~Author Unknown~
sonar37
Teardrop Master

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Tue May 20, 2008 6:04 am

Rob, there is still plenty of time to sign up for the August Gathering in Madison, Indiana.

I'll forward some information via your email or by "pm".

It is a long trip for you but it's all (or mostly) Interstate Highway.

Hope you can join us. :applause:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby clkelley564 » Wed May 21, 2008 11:43 am

I've updated my blog and added my pictures of the Brown County, IN gathering.

http://mouseketab.blogspot.com/2008/05/ ... 15-19.html
Carol
MOUSE-KE-T@B
2007 ClamShell #2741
2009 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4.8 V8
http://mouseketab.blogspot.com/ Updated 07/12/2011

http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/album_ ... c_id=13203
clkelley564
Teardrop Master

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Wed May 21, 2008 12:53 pm

Carol, thanks for posting the pictures and the travel log. Again, thanks for traveling from Alabama to our Gathering.
Hope to see you at another. :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Mary K » Wed May 21, 2008 2:48 pm

:clapping hands: Beautiful Pictures Scott!!! :clapping hands:

It's almost like being there. WOW!!

Looks Like y'all had a good time. The weather looked great and the scenery...WOW, who could have know it was so purdy up north? :shocked: :lol: :R

And the Teardrops. OMG!! They were all amazing!! You got a good bunch up there. Congrats on a successful Teardrop gathering!!! :M :dancing :M

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby madjack » Wed May 21, 2008 2:59 pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: ...onna a really good time...thanks for sharing..................... 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Jst83 » Wed May 21, 2008 5:51 pm

Thank you all for the kind words. It was a great turnout even had one from Texas and one from Alabama. Wonderful weather, a pitch in that no one could walk away hungry. All in all a weekend of good memories.

Scott
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby raprap » Wed May 21, 2008 6:48 pm

clkelley564 wrote:I've updated my blog and added my pictures of the Brown County, IN gathering.

http://mouseketab.blogspot.com/2008/05/ ... 15-19.html

Sorry to hear of your trubbles on your way home. Iff'n you want I can send you the hard luck prize that I won at the saturday night potlatch. Sounds like your radiator hose was more severe than my trailer tire blowout going to brown county (getting back was uneventful, that is until I got the not so guard dog from the kennel).

Great pictures though, regardless--not being a picture taking kinda guy, I'm always happy to see that others flick the pixels. However, I'm kinda amazed that noone has mentioned the ice cream. My arm was sore til tuesday.

BTW there are some great camping places in western Kentucky, but then I'm kinda partial to anywhere along the Ohio and Mississippi.

Rap
Kentucky Pool Made a Fool out of me.
Instead of Tennessee River it looks like I'm headed to the deep blue sea.

JHartford
raprap
Teardrop Master

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Wed May 21, 2008 7:37 pm

Sorry RAP, the ice cream was a big hit. How's your arm doing from all the cranking? It must have been good because I almost didn't get any. I did have enough to enjoy with the cherry or rasberry cobbler that one of the campers made.

We always try to have a movie night (Saturday) at the gatherings. This has been a tradition for the past 3 or 4 years.

Our movie feature of the night was "Madison, the movie" that depicted the 1972 Gold Cup (Unlimited Powerboat) race that was hosted in Madison, Indiana.

I thought it would be a good "warm up" for our next gathering which is in Madison, Indiana

The per show was a DVD of "the best of Johnny Carson -the early years". I forgot just how funny he was. As I looked around I could see people laughing histerically over the crazy stuff Johnny did as well as his guest stars. :lol:

Always a surprise at our gatherings. Movie night is always fun and makes the time together seem even better. :thumbsup:
Last edited by Kurt (Indiana) on Wed May 21, 2008 8:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby clkelley564 » Wed May 21, 2008 7:38 pm

raprap wrote:
clkelley564 wrote:
Sorry to hear of your trubbles on your way home. Iff'n you want I can send you the hard luck prize that I won at the saturday night potlatch. Sounds like your radiator hose was more severe than my trailer tire blowout going to brown county (getting back was uneventful, that is until I got the not so guard dog from the kennel).

Rap

Eh, it wasn't too bad, at least I got another night of camping and an extra day off work out of it!!!!
Carol
MOUSE-KE-T@B
2007 ClamShell #2741
2009 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4.8 V8
http://mouseketab.blogspot.com/ Updated 07/12/2011

http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/album_ ... c_id=13203
clkelley564
Teardrop Master

Postby kyacker » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:26 pm

Those pics certainly make me miss my Indiana home. Thanks for sharing!
I really miss Brown County.
kyacker
Donating Member

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales