Munky Kampr's maiden roadtrip... Van Isle, BC to Napa, CA

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Munky Kampr's maiden roadtrip... Van Isle, BC to Napa, CA

Postby rallyfan33 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:10 pm

We leave on Sept 6 for a trip to wine country to visit my wife's wine-making brother! We're planning the I-5 to Oregon, then the 101 to Mendocino, CA and in to St Helena, CA on the 9th. Then leave there on the 13th, up I-5 to Mt Shasta/Weed, then the 97 past Crater Lake and in to Seattle at some point to be home by the 17th. Watch for us with the black 2008 Civic, white TD and BC plates!
Pics up when we arrive home (or sooner depending on internet connections).

Feel free to suggest stops along that route. I hear the Newport aquarium is nice. Keep in mind we have a 3 year old with us!

Cheers,
Brian
rallyfan33
Teardrop Builder

Postby rbeemer » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:20 pm

Try Avenue of the giants in the NCAL Redwoods
Rick

If ducks had scales, would fish quack?
rbeemer
500 Club

Postby Keith » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:21 pm

I ran into Brian, his wife and daughter in our local Ace Hardware parking lot in Cloverdale just north of St. Helena. I walked out and spotted their teardrop trailer there. Brian showed several of us his trailer. It was nice to see a new home built trailer out for it's first camp trip. Brian did a nice job building his trailer unfortunately I didn't have a camera with me to take any pictures.

Keith
Keith
Teardrop Master

Postby dreadcptflint » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:57 pm

There is a ton of stuff to see. We came back recently from doing a portion of 101 along the Oregon coast. Here is my thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=25539. Our little dude turned two in June and we slowed down a few times for him.
The quickest way to find me is on my business site. Yes, I do answer questions and provide quotes for free. Find me at: http://www.wenatcheefarmers.com
dreadcptflint
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby rallyfan33 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:25 pm

Hey guys, we are in Redding tonight heading to Mt Shasta and Crater Lake tomorrow. Nice to meet you Keith! Great car!
No pics to upload as I forgot a cable but no real carnage or breakage yet except for a bit of wear to the clutch after stopping on a VERY steep hill for someone to pass. As light as the trailers are, a Civic is a Civic.
Pics coming next weekend!

Best comment yet from a guy in an Accord on Hwy 1 in CA: "Wow, towing with a Honda, didn't think I'd ever see that!"
rallyfan33
Teardrop Builder

Postby rallyfan33 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:05 am

My trip pics are up- click the link in my signature. I only included MK (Munky Kampr) pics but really that's all you are probably interested in!
Of note, other than Keith (above) the farther north I was, the more interest there was in the teardrop.
rallyfan33
Teardrop Builder

Postby Keith » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:55 am

Hi Brian,

Great pictures and it looks like you had a great trip. We travel all over California with our trailer and you very seldom get any response from anyone. As soon as you get out of California or to more remote areas in California it seems like everyone is interested in the trailer and wants to see it.

I hope to see you on the road again some day. Keith
Keith
Teardrop Master

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales