Spring trip 2009 - Yorkshire

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Spring trip 2009 - Yorkshire

Postby UK-Corlett » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:33 am

Our first trip of the year was to Yorkshire, a northern county on the East cost. We camped in Helmsley near Thirsk. Just 5 days away but as you can see we visited a great garden, the cost, went to a play and eat out in a great restaurant.

This is world class wisteria and clematice

It was mostly a rhododendron and azalea garden magnificent but short lived.

This house was built by King Henry the 8th's accountant, It had a classic walled garden.

As you can see its a bit hilly up north.

And real-estate prices have gone through the roof.

Robin Hoods bay, not on the best of days, but what the hell I was camping in a TD.

It was a great holiday just what the doctor ordered, I hope the rest of my camps this year will be as good. Thanks for viewing.
UK-Corlett
Teardrop Master

Re: Spring trip 2009 - Yorkshire

Postby Creamcracker » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:09 am

UK-Corlett wrote:Our first trip of the year was to Yorkshire, a northern county on the East cost. We camped in Helmsley near Thirsk. Just 5 days away but as you can see we visited a great garden, the cost, went to a play and eat out in a great restaurant.

Robin Hoods bay, not on the best of days, but what the hell I was camping in a TD.

It was a great holiday just what the doctor ordered, I hope the rest of my camps this year will be as good. Thanks for viewing.

I remember being in Robin Hoods Bay back in the 70's on a Geology Fieldtrip -- (I was at Portsmouth University) it was a wonderful sunny July day and as we walked up from the beach area we passed a pub where a lot of people had their drinks outside. The landlord had obviously called time and he was trying to get the glasses from everyone who had been sitting out at the tables. He reached down to take a glass off an older lady -- it was a pint glass and it was 3/4 full --- she didn't want to give it up and he wanted to take it -- so just as I got beside them she threw the contents of the glass over the landlord-- at that point her son (presumably) who was a big hulking guy grabbed the now empty glass and started to swing his arm which would have put the glass right into the landlords face. It really was just pefect timing because without thinking I put my hand up to his arm and stopped the swing connecting ---- there was this moment of silence with everyone looking on and him standing there looking down at me with a puzzled look on his face --- I reached up took the glass from his hand and said something like "it ain't worth it mate" gave the glass to the landlord -- who had the good sense to head back inside -- and then just turned and walked away shaking like a leaf because I thought sure he'd come after me....I think the fact that several people applauded dissuaded him from doing anything! Just one of those things you remember that could have turned out very differently

Philip
Image Image
3rd Annual Out of Control Shop Winner :)
Creamcracker
Teardrop Graduate

Postby S. Heisley » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:28 am

Very beautiful and interesting pictures! For some, it may be the only way they ever see your country. (Napsack's added story was fun, too!)

Thanks for sharing! :applause:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby mandy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:44 pm

Thank You for taking us to your favorite little corner of the world. :)
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales