Suprise seeing Razorback's Teadrop in Louisiana

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Suprise seeing Razorback's Teadrop in Louisiana

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:13 am

I just got back from a wonderful 8 day vacation to my hometown in Louisiana. While there, me and my mom, sister and many cousins and Aunts went tour a plantation home called The Myrtles in St. Franscisville, Louisiana. While walking through the parking lot, my mom saw this Teardrop. Of course my Teardrop radar kicked in and I headed straight for it. I saw the Arkansas plates and thought "I have seen this camper on the forum". Well, I waited for a couple of minutes and was lucky enough to see the owners getting ready to pull out and I flagged them down. It was Larry and Macy, better known as "Razorback" from Arkansas. We talked for a few minutes before they got back on the road. You just never know when or where you are gonna meet a fellow Teardropper! It was great meeting them both.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Beachbuggy » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:32 am

Thats cool, we haven't seen very many teardrops in real life, but can say weve seen Razorbacks also!

We went to a small TD meet in the midst of building the beachbuggy to get some helpful ideas and tips and met razorback and a few others from TX.

They really get around 8)
Beachbuggy
Teardrop Master

Postby hiker chick » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:53 am

We TD-ers do stick out.

I've seen two others in Shenandoah NP.

:)
Hot Stuff Today, Dog Stuff Tomorrow

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Dagny » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:11 pm

Larry and Macy were at my first gathering. They could not have been more helpful and fun to talk to. They are both big readers, so we talked books. They were very sweet to our kids. My daughter Lily talks about them still.
Dagny
Teardrop Advisor

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:46 pm

Yes, they are a very nice couple. I was even more suprised when Larry recognized me and asked, "Are you Cajun Lady"?

I got some Fleur de lis knobs for my cabinets in the TD while I was in LA. They are cast iron and about 2.5" tall. Perfect!
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Re: Suprise seeing Razorback's Teadrop in Louisiana

Postby starleen2 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:03 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:Image

Yep - the grill on the back is a dead giveaway!
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby lauriandgary » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:20 pm

Hey Becca,

Great looking knobs (don't go there!) cabinet knobs that is.. :lol:

Did you see or experience anything supernatural at The Myrtles? We went there last year and Lauri swears that in the main parlor, she was bumped and lost an earing. We have a picture from the outside and if you look at the 2nd floor window, you can "see" someone. (will have to find that picture). :pictures:
Gary

And if I don't see you tomorrow, hello.
lauriandgary
Teardrop Master

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:13 am

Funny you should ask that Gary...take a look at this photo I took of the back side of the Myrtles. Notice the "smoke" in the right upper corner? Well, there was no smoke coming from anywhere. My sister swears it's one of the spirits that haunt the grounds. I don't have an answer...both our mouths dropped open when we looked at the picture.

Have you and Lauri ever been to Nottoway Plantation in White Castle? That is where I grew up and that is one beautiful plantation home. If you ever get a chance to visit it, please do...you won't be disappointed.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby mandy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:39 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:Funny you should ask that Gary...take a look at this photo I took of the back side of the Myrtles. Notice the "smoke" in the right upper corner? Well, there was no smoke coming from anywhere. My sister swears it's one of the spirits that haunt the grounds. I don't have an answer...both our mouths dropped open when we looked at the picture.

Have you and Lauri ever been to Nottoway Plantation in White Castle? That is where I grew up and that is one beautiful plantation home. If you ever get a chance to visit it, please do...you won't be disappointed.

Becca you got the same thing happening with the photos of razor backs TD. I wonder if it went home with them. :thinking: :o
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby planovet » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:02 pm

How about a dirty lens :lol:
ImageMark (& Cindi)
Visit our website: Little Swiss Teardrop

I was wondering why the water balloon was getting bigger... and then it hit me.

ImageImageImageImage
planovet
The Cat Man

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:28 pm

I think it was a rain drop on the lens because I looked at Razorback's picture too and the same 'spirit' was there. Either that or "she" was a picture hog!
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:16 pm

:applause: :thumbsup: Thanks Becca, those are beautiful pictures. Isn't Macy's TD beautiful? 8) :lol:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby lauriandgary » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:22 pm

Becca,

I went thru the computer files & can't find the picture, I think it was taken the old fashioned way with 35mm film! :pictures:

We've cruised past Nottoway a few times, but haven't stop yet, it's on "the list." The River Road is a great ride to take.

My guess on the smoke is that it's coming from the parking lot, it may be from one of the tour buses.
Gary

And if I don't see you tomorrow, hello.
lauriandgary
Teardrop Master

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales