Tepee goes paddling

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Tepee goes paddling

Postby Tx River Rat » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:57 pm

I went to the Texas hill country this weekend with the Tepee and one of my wooden yaks to do the Castile river race,before I left I installed a 5200 btu ac .It was HOT and after paddling nearly four hour in the heat and fast water it sure did my heart good to crawl up on that bed kick the ac on and look out the window at them folks on one side in a tent,they had to be burning up on the otherside were trailers and motor coaches (big bucks)
I just smiled layed back and took a nap.
This was the first race I ever entered and it was wild ,I had never been on the Lano river and it was up a little from rains so 2/3 of the 12 miles was rapids and rocks,my boat did well ,I came in 33 out of 154 folks so I was happy with my first outing.
I need to start thinking about the light I am going to put in she is just jury rigged now ,but usable.
I put about 400 miles on her over the weekend she pulled great.
Ron
Tx River Rat
2nd Teardrop Club

Postby 35thAV » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:59 pm

Congrats on the great finish!

I'd love to see some pictures of your "yaks"
1976 Westwind 13' with dual rear doors (48")Painted to match the F250 <b><i>My big little trailer!</i></b>

<b>The road takes me to the dirt, the dirt takes me to the whitewater, the whitewater takes me to the......</b>
My adventures blog:<b> http://blastshelter.blogspot.com/</b>
35thAV
Teardrop Master

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales